How much credits from a liberal arts college can I likely to transfer to Ivy league school?

<p>Hi, I’m currently a freshman in a liberal arts college which is nationally ranked around 15th, but I’m considering to transfer to a more prestigious large university, such as Ivy league schools, after this year, since I already exhausted most of the math classes offered here, both because of my performance in placement test and because of lack of upper-level math courses offered here. </p>

<p>In the first two semesters, I’m taking/going to take the following sets of 4 credit classes:
1st Semester:
Intro Humanity
Intro Econ
Inorganic Chem
Abstract Algebra</p>

<p>2nd Semester:
Econometrics or Intro Philosophy
Intro Bio
Representation Theory
Analytic Number Theory</p>

<p>Along with the above classes, I’m also taking 1-credit P.E. class each semester. And I’m afraid of the following things:
(1) My course selection may be so unbalanced to science/math that I will probably have some difficulty in adjusting that problem after transferring.
(2) Upper-level classes which I’m taking may be less rigorous than the corresponding classes offered in Ivy league schools, so transferring the credit may not be successfully done. </p>

<p>Do things listed above really happen? Will they matter to me a lot? I still can change my plan of the 2nd semester. If I have to modify that, how should I change it to be like? </p>

<p>The acceptance of credits in a transfer differs from school to school. You need to contact the target school to fond out. </p>

<p>You’re fine where you are, a top 15 liberal arts colleges is probably in the same level of academic preparation and difficulty as an ivy league school and you would only be transferring to get a different name on your diploma. Now is that really worth it?</p>

<p>In terms of math education, I believe there is a huge difference between my school, which is not famous for its math department and the course offering is really limited due to the small number of students majoring in math here, and Ivy league schools, where I can also take grad level math courses and many advanced undergrad math courses are also available. Not being able to take more advanced courses will be awfully boring for me. Also, exposing myself to more mathematically competitive environment will be definitely beneficial for me, so I think it will be worth it. </p>

<p>If math selection is really what you’re interested in, you need to look at big state publics with more funding and more professors. (I.E., Wisconsin-Madison, Michigan-Ann Arbor, North Carolina-Chapel Hil, and UC-Berkeley.) Most private schools will have small undergraduate populations thus they will have less math options. This is a good route.</p>

<p>All the publics i just listed are in the top 30 so they have prestige and degree marketability is that is what you are looking for. Also, they would be much cheaper than ivy league schools.</p>

<p>I think your list is pretty solid. I’m also considering UMichi and UCB, and I’m going to apply for the former as well as other Ivy league schools, after finishing my first year. (UCB isn’t available for me until finishing sophomore.) </p>