<p>Dear college confidential,</p>
<p>I had a wild idea today, which I wanted to run to the form. How impressive would writing a non-fiction research paper like book be to admissions. Book will be around 200-600 pages long, and will be a thesis style book. I’m pressed for time, so I will provide more details tomorrow.</p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p>High School Student</p>
<p>Do it if it is on a subject you sincerely care about and you could do it well. I don’t think doing it solely to impress an admissions committee is a great idea to be honest. If you did a good paper, it could help you potentially. If not, it seems like it would be a waste of time.</p>
<p>With Internet culture the way it is now, every crowd is filled with 1-2 authors. Unless a book has been accepted for publication by a reputable publisher, it carries very little weight as a book.</p>
<p>What it can show is commitment to your passions, sustained level of research, and so on, which is all good – but probably not the great big wow you were hoping for.</p>
<p>Allright, so no massive hook if you write a book then. Thank you mandy and Wasatch for responding.</p>
<p>Student</p>