How much would i be able to score on the PSAT?

<p>I took the PSAT in october of my sophomore year and i got a 1530. Would i be able to get a higher score this time? my biggest problem was the math section on my first psat. by then i only took algebra. in october this year i will already know geometry and algebra. i know there are a few trig questions there however. I am slowly preparing and practicing in my free time. would i be able to get somewhere around 1800? and at what time of the year will i be able to find out what i got? </p>

<p>Thank You!</p>

<p>at my school everyone takes the PSAT junior year as well
why wouldn't you?</p>

<p>You generally take the PSAT in October and your school is notified of your score in late December. You should do better with an additional year of math and english under your belt.</p>

<p>There's no way of knowing you you'd perform, unless you took a practice test. You should definitely do at least a bit better though.</p>

<p>A side note: You do NOT need to know trig for the PSAT, let alone the SAT. </p>

<p>Ideally, you would need to take a practice test to really figure out where you are at. Also, if you are up to it, I would encourage you to aim for 200 +, that way you might get national merit recognition.</p>

<p>Another side note: Many schools have students take the PSAT two or three years.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice guys :D</p>