How To Approach the World History Exam?

<p>This year I'll be taking AP World History with not the best teacher. I'll make sure to keep up with the reading but am not sure how to prepare for the exam in June. I know I have a lot of time, but I want to make sure I do really good.</p>

<p>What books should I use? </p>

<p>What should I focus on while I read? (dates, themes, ?)</p>

<p>If it helps, Im also taking AP European History</p>

<p>I would get the Princeton Review book, I got them for both SAT II and AP, I got a 780 and 4, respectively. Take the SAT II practice tests and make sure to go over what you can't remember in the outlines often.</p>

<p>Bump 10char</p>

<p>I took AP World History with Barron's + some notes from my teacher's lectures. I had World Civilizations too (a big, heavy book) but didn't use it because it seemed like overkill. It is very detailed, however, and would be useful for the SAT.</p>

<p>The SAT asks for more detail, I think. Take the released exams because there are usually similar questions over time. A bulk of the questions will be based on AP knowledge, needless to say, so review study material from then and brush up on the small facts as well.</p>

<p>(800 & 5)</p>

<p>I used a big textbook, Traditions and Encounters, and just read a chapter every night for about a month or so. I ended up getting a pretty comprehensive review of WH, which I had taken a year before and gotten a 4 on. Anyways, on the SAT I managed to score an 800.</p>

<p>I'm with you blabbermouth. I really want to get a 4 or 5 on the APWH Exam. I heard Princeton was good and Barrons goes overboard.
I was researching for books to review and I found this one: </p>

<p>5 Steps to a 5 AP World History, 2010-2011 Edition</p>

<p>It doesn't provide in depth detail, it provides a calender of each month up to the exam and what you should do in those months. It is a plan. Great book.</p>