How to deal with unsatisfied SAT scores already sent

<p>I had an ACT of 35 and my SAT scores are 2150 (CR 790, Math 700, and Writing 660) and I am not happy with the SAT scores. Unfortunately I had the SAT scores sent to the colleges that I want to go already. What shall I do now?</p>

<p>Once sent, I don't believe anything can be done to retract the scores. I would submit your ACT scores and forget about the SATs. Any attempt to withdraw them will only draw more attention to them.</p>

<p>P.S. By taking the SATs the requirement is no longer unsatisfied; you appear dissatisfied with your results - small mistakes like that one certainly will affect your Writing score.</p>

<p>send your act scores and hope the colleges use the better of the two scores: the ACT</p>

<p>I don't see what's so bad about your SAT scores. Usually, it's the really bad scores that cause most admissions office to question your actual ability.</p>

<p>However, your SAT score looks decent, just that you did much better on the ACT. I wouldn't worry about it - most colleges will just look at your superb ACT score, scratch out the SAT score and class you into the "top bin" in terms of scores.</p>

<p>As long as you have an otherwise strong application, good luck!</p>

<p>I'm just curious as to why you even took the SAT with a 35 ACT, much less sent the scores before the results. You should have almost expected this to happen.</p>

<p>^OP probably took the SAT first, not expecting to do that well on the ACT. To be honest, I don't think AdComs will care, ACT and SAT are very different tests and they will be happy as long as you can excel at 1 of the 2</p>

<p>Which you do...</p>