How to decide?

<p>I was accepted by University of Oregon (Chem/Bio-organic Medicinal chem) and University of California, Irvine (Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology).</p>

<p>I was accepted into UO's chemistry department and I enjoyed just about everything about the program and campus except the surrounding area (Eugene!) After living in the Los Angeles area all my life, it seemed kinda tiny. </p>

<p>UCI's MCP program is an entirely different story though. I loved absolutely everything about the program (except for one of the profs that I spoke with, who really just buried me in the ground - but, I figure that if I decide on going there, he's not on the list of potential PIs!) but, my dilemma is that this is a brand new program that eventually feeds into their chem/mol sci/pharm departments. I'll be in the first admitted class. No one's quite too sure how everything's going to pan out in the end. </p>

<p>Should I go with the well-established program in a town I might not be entirely comfortable with or stick with a brand-new program and hope for the best?</p>