how to improve a score starting at 1750

<p>Hi,
I took the May and June SATs and did pretty poorly. It is very frustrating because I im in honors and AP classes with typical CC people who get 2000-2400s. I seem to have a hard time on the SATs and I desperately need to improve a couple hundred points by October. My summer is pretty uneventful, so I plan on devising a system to help improve.</p>

<p>I don't really want to take an SAT course. I've read up on many of them and they seem like huge money makers and some seem to be scams. </p>

<p>Currently, I own:
-The CollegeBoard Blue Book
-Princeton Review-Cracking the SAT 2009 Edition
-Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2010
-Barron's SAT 24th Edition
-Junior PSAT official test and practice test
-A practice test I took at Sylvan</p>

<p>Any suggestions on what else to buy, and how to go about studying? I am very hardworking and involved in school, and it's so frustrating that I can't get a satisfying score.</p>

<p>Thanks for any help in advance!</p>

<p>Oh, and my scores:</p>

<p>Junior October '09 PSATS</p>

<p>CR-55
Writing Skills-56
Math-61</p>

<p>May 2010 SATS
Writing-620 (55 MC 11 essay)
CR-540
Math-580</p>

<p>June 2010 SATS
Writing-590(56 MC 9 essay)....I thought I completely bombed that essay, only wrote 3 paragraphs
CR-550
Math-580</p>

<p>I seem to do fine on the essays, but need help on the MC section. Math is a mystery to me, because I am a pretty good math student. And I think I guess too much on CR...</p>

<p>HELP!!</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/948992-study-tips-summer.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/948992-study-tips-summer.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Read the various threads on preparation. I particularly like the xiggi method thread, as well as the "12 essay in 10 days." But the key is taking lots of practice tests-one section at a time--and really diagnosing the reasons for your misses (as well as your lucky guesses.) Taking the practice tests, you should see your scores go up over time. If they are not trending up, then maybe some professional coaching could figure out why.</p>

<p>Stay on it in a regular/regimented schedule over the summer, and in all likelihood your scores will go way up. The SAT can readily be mastered through repetition (sort of like a piano player masters scales and drills through practice.)</p>

<p>Thanks a lot UT84321-That is exactly what I was hoping for. I know I'm not a moron, seeing a get better grades in school than other people who are getting 2100s. SATs are not my strong suit.</p>