How To Improve My Resume

<p>My extra-curriculars are kind of shallow (3 clubs with only 1 year each), but I do play Varsity Soccer. As a matter of fact, the reason why I didn't have time for clubs was because of soccer (my team travels to far places for tournaments/games).</p>

<p>With that being said, how can I improve my resume this summer/start of next year?</p>

<p>I am a junior about to be a senior next year, so I only have a limited amount of time before I actually send my application.</p>

<p>Hey Dre, when're you dropping Detox?</p>

<p>Joking aside, you really can't do much at this point. Hopefully your commitment to soccer has payed off and maybe you've won some titles and awards. Emphasize your love for soccer, try to get recruited.</p>

<p>Over the summer try to get an internship or volunteer position involving something that you really love.</p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone using CC</p>

<p>^ @addymithas Lol sometime soon</p>

<p>Thanks for your honest opinion. Other than my GPA, I know my EC's will kill my chances at some schools I apply</p>

<p>Am I the only one who thinks the singles Dre put out so far kind of sucked?</p>

<p>I also agree that you should try to volunteer, intern, or work during the summer. The summer is the best time to improve your resume since you don't have to worry about classes (unless you're taking summer classes or studying for the SATs)</p>

<p>^ @collegestandard What are some options I could do to improve my EC's?</p>

<p>@addymithas I think most of them do suck tbh lol</p>

<p>DrDre, get started by talking to someone at the local library. They need volunteers for all sorts of activities. You can also approach someone at a nearby hospital. Very important - record your hours and get proof of them from the organization. You can qualify for various awards if you accumulate an impressive number of hours (100 in a given year). Also, you might look into the Congressional Award, which doesn't require too many hours of service, but also includes physical fitness and personal growth components.</p>

<p>thanks^^^</p>

<p>The Congressional Award seems interesting</p>