How to make USAMO

<p>How should I go about studying for the AMC 10? Anyone have any good websites, old test, recommended tutors to help me do this?</p>

<p>USA</a> • Art of Problem Solving</p>

<p>also, order the art of problem solving books. they are very useful</p>

<p>Ditto the AOPS books. You have to have a solid foundation before you can start taking practice tests and do well in them. To make USAMO, you have to do a /lot/ of AIME problems.</p>

<p>Thank you. How many AoPS books are there? Will I need them all?</p>

<p>I think you're better off searching for answers to your question in the AMC forum at AoPS. It's really a more appropriate venue given that this forum is for admissions discussion and that one is geared specifically toward the AMC...</p>

<p>Be good at math.</p>

<p>How about if you've exhausted all aime problems and still haven't improved. What should you do then?</p>

<p>If you've done every single AIME problem and still haven't improved at solving AIME problems then I would suggest that you're not approaching the problems the correct way. What do you mean exactly by "exhausted?" Gave up after 20 minutes and read the solution?</p>

<p>@microphakia976: Highly unlikely. But if that's the case, do them again.</p>

<p>Uh, iceui2, I disagree, you don't have to do a bunch. You just have to do some in an "efficient" manner: not giving up/never reading solutions until after solving, compare official solution with your own/how it differed/why what you did worked/why what you did didn't work/attempts to generalize the problem/thinking about problems in your spare time (car rides, in class, showers, etc...).</p>