How to score 2100+ on SAT 1

<p>Hi, Im an international student from Asia. My first language is not english therefore i needs some tips on how too score well on WR and CR sections, i do well on math section, im just having problems with WR and CR and particularly on CR. Should I do SAT vocabulary or something else.
Thanks in Advance!</p>

<p>I'm an International student too; I've bought a lot of books to prepare for SAT I. Writing and CR are not easy for an international student, i have the same problem.
Try to see film and memorize words, you could write new words on "post it". Math should be the easiest section for an International student who don't speak english at school.</p>

<p>I'd try reading novels written in English</p>

<p>Agreed, reading a lot helps.</p>

<p>There is some great advice right here on CC regarding the SAT; you should take advantage of that! In addition, there is no substitute for a lot of practice. Get your hands on the blue book.. its your SAT bible!</p>

<p>yes do practice tests from the blue book. learn vocabulary from the direct hits. and understand the grammar rules for the writing section. and practice practice practice for the passage related questions in the CR section.
Hope that helps</p>

<p>Watch english television</p>

<p>Subtitles could help...
You might see video lectures on the web... Academic</a> Earth | Online Courses | Academic Video Lectures</p>

<p>Out of curiosity, is the SAT blue book the College Board SAT book?</p>

<p>yes, it is.</p>

<p>or watch family guy lol</p>

<p>Buy the Collegeboard Blue Book and do all the tests under real conditions. Next go over your mistakes. Having read books through out school will help, but really its practice and natural skill.</p>

<p>Musiclover39 stated it very succinctly. I concur 100%. Follow these steps and your scores will rise dramatically.</p>

<p>i agree that its the natural skill that do the job, and regarding the blue book I have done all the practice tests on it but still my score hovers around 2000.
Should I buy a new blue book or any other?
BTW im done with kaplan as well.</p>

<p>can somebody tell me about direct hit book, like how mny vocab words it contain and how updated is it?</p>

<p>well I bought the cracking the sat book and it really helped me. I got a 2030 on the sat.</p>

<p>DirectHits vocab and rocket review worked very well for me.</p>

<p>I would read this for Writing: SAT:</a> Improve SAT Score with SparkNotes: The Seven Deadly Screw-Ups.
My score went from below 700 to 750 and above.</p>

<p>I have few more questions regarding SAT I,
I have seen that there are some books which are more favoured in some month and not in the other is that true if yes than i will be giving mine in October so from which vocab book should I study?
Can anyone also give some resources for sat writing?
How many vocab words usually come on SAT I?</p>

<p>bump anyone please</p>

<p>I'm not really an expert, but for the CR, I would say that there are two things you can do. the first is to read on a regular basis, not only for speed but for comprehension. The second has to do with vocab. You can try to memorize, but that doesn't always help, what really does work though (IMO) is to learn how to eliminate answers and use reasoning. There are times when I ace the vocab section not because I knew all the words but because I was able to eliminate a lot of the choices based on the fact that I could rule out certain choices with words that I knew.</p>