How to transfer to the The University of Chicago

<p>Hello, I am considering transfer to the University of Chicago from community college as a Psychology major. The site says transfers must complete 2 years at their current college in addition to all of the general ed and half of the major course work. Where do I find what courses I need exactly? </p>

<p>Unlike California state and UC schools, there is no</p>

<p>The site says: </p>

<p>Courses are ineligible for transfer credit when</p>

<pre><code>* They appear anywhere in the student’s high school record

  • They are completed at a community college
  • They duplicate course work for which credit has already been received
  • They fail to resemble courses offered at the University of Chicago, or they are professional or technical courses (e.g., accounting, business administration, English composition, engineering, nursing, public speaking, rhetoric)
  • They are placement test eligible, including calculus and pre-calculus, and foreign languages
  • The final course grade is Pass only or less than a C (meaning C- or below)

<p>It sounds like they only accept university transfers. ?</p>

<p>I believe you may have misunderstood. </p>

<p>"The University of Chicago considers you a transfer applicant if you have completed one term as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at another college or university.</p>

<p>Transfer students must attend the College for at least two academic years (six quarters) and complete the Core curriculum and at least half of their major with us."</p>

<p>This means that you must attend the University of Chicago for at least two years, completing the Core Curriculum and half of your major there, not at your current school, with which you need only complete one term.</p>