How to write a cover letter for a work study job?

<p>Hey guys...
I'm a new freshman going to school at NYU. Any tips on what I should write in my cover letter for a work study app? </p>

<p>I'm trying to get a head start on this! Thanks!</p>

<p>That would depend on the job you are applying for...?</p>

<p>I didn't need to submit a cover letter or resume for any of my three work-study jobs.</p>

<p>Oh that's weird...</p>

<p>For every work study job at NYU it's required for you to complete a resume and cover letter. </p>

<p>Any other tips?</p>

<p>Google "how to write a cover letter." You will find extensive results.</p>

<p>That's weird - usually for a part time hourly gig like work study jobs, you don't need a cover letter. They just have a standard form you fill out.</p>

<p>What would you write? "I'm highly qualified to give out towels/ make sandwiches/ lock up the building/ grade papers because I've had two thumbs for 18 years."</p>

<p>well I go to NYU too and I'm applying for work study jobs right now. I'm also really confused as to what to write. They already know my major, GPA, and job experience from looking at my resume. Most of the jobs I'm applying to are like working in the library shelving books, or as an office assistant doing general clerical duties (answering phones, making copies, that stuff). So basically my cover letters are only 4 sentences long and just express why I'm interested in the position and what experience I have.</p>