How will failing out of college impact my ability to enroll in another one?

<p>This is a long story but I’m going to keep it short. I failed all my classes at my university my third semester there, bringing my cumulative GPA down to a 0.9. I wasn’t kicked but I decided to withdrawal from the college because of my bad GPA and other reasons. I am now enrolled in a community college and am planning on getting my Associate’s degree then transferring to another 4-year school. </p>

<p>How limited are my options now that I have failed out of my first university? It was a fairly prestigious school, not Ivy league but still very good. Would it be possible for me to get accepted to an Ivy league with this on my record? How will it impact my ability to be accepted to graduate school in the future too?</p>

<p>The Ivies take very few transfers (if at all) so the odds of you being able to end up at one of these schools are not good. </p>

<p>However, if you transfer to a good university from your community college, and do very well there, graduate school will definitely remain an option. Depends what field, and which school, but in general, failing at one school, then regaining your ground, will not be a problem for many grad programs.</p>