Hows my essay?

<p>When I was six years old I became a vegetarian.</p>

<p>I still remember to this day, 11 years later the event that changed my life. I was in McDonalds with my dad, eating my chicken nuggets. A thought suddenly hit me. “Why do they call chicken nuggets chicken” I wondered. My dad told me the truth.</p>

<p>When I told my parents I wanted to be a vegetarian, they thought it was just some phase I was going through, and that it wouldn’t last more then a week or two. With true dedication, I proved them wrong.</p>

<p>Dedication.</p>

<p>Throughout the years, I have stood by my beliefs, overcoming both temptation and peer pressure. If I got a nickel for every “Just eat meat just the once” or “being a vegetarian doesn’t change anything”, Rockefeller would have been jealous of me.</p>

<pre><code>When I was about thirteen years old, due to an overwhelming amount of peer pressure, I was seriously considering about eating meat and fish again for the first time in seven years. But I didn’t. Well, not on purpose, anyways.

Sometime during this “considering eating meat” phase, I went to a party. One of my favorite foods, at the time, were these little spinach rolls. Of course, I thought, they were vegetarian, despite the fact that the food wasn’t labeled/ At this party, on a big buffet table filled with delicious looking food, were about ten dishes, most of it meat. The “spinach rolls”, though stood out as the one thing that I could eat as a vegetarian. I ate a couple, but they were different than normal spinach rolls. Out of what some would consider paranoia, and others would just call being careful, I asked one of the people in charge of the party what was in the rolls, expecting a one word answer of “spinach.” A different word came out of the ladies mouth-“shrimp.”

Physically, it hurt. My stomach felt like it was tearing apart. But there was a psychological aspect to the pain as well. Just knowing that I ate fish, which was something I haven’t done seven years prior, made the pain that much worse. It wasn’t even that much fish either; the roll itself was about the size of a golf ball. But even that was too much for me to handle.

For me, that little golf ball sized shrimp roll symbolizes overcoming temptation. Peer pressure is not an easy thing to handle, and I was almost willing to sell out everything I believe in to make myself look a certain way. A little shrimp roll though, changed my perspective. The way I see it, I was supposed to get that terrible stomachache. It was the push I needed to not give up-to keep that dedication that I have held, at the time for more than half of my life. It was God telling me I should do what I believe in-what is right for me, and not anybody else. Since that experience, I have never considered eating an animal again.
</code></pre>