huge longshot, Thirteenth Street

<p>For the handful of upperclassmen and parents on the board; does ANYONE have any information about Senior House? All I know is about the tunnel between the towers and the neighborhood, but I know NOTHING about the layout of the rooms. I know the rooms can be small, but I'm shocked at how little information there is about this tiny dorm. </p>

<p>I've already checked the Housing wiki, the nyuhousing livejournal and the nyu livejournal community. Help!</p>

<p>Wish I could help you as you've been so wonderful to all of us. My daughter did tell me that at a dorm Open House in '09 there was a binder of floor plans, so maybe the Housing Office has these....</p>

<p>I'll be on campus tomorrow, I'll swing by the Housing office. I pretty much only chose the dorm for the programming, I'll be honest. I did not want to get stuck in Lafayette again for my last year.</p>

<p>I was in Lafayette last year. It wasn't so bad. I'm in senior house this year as well 4th floor. Senior as well lol.</p>

<p>HOLY CRAP WHAT TOWER ARE YOU IN? We might be floormates. <em>Twilight Zone music</em> You can PM me if you don't want to announce it. </p>

<p>I liked Lafayette, but I already lived there for three semesters, heh.</p>

<p>I'm in 13th St. too! 2nd Floor, obviously a senior too...from what I hear (I have several friends who lived in 13th their sophomore year) the rooms are pretty great - at least on the 2nd floor. My friend's studio on the 2nd floor was HUGE - it had exposed brick, high ceilings and a dishwasher (which is why I also chose the 2nd floor lol)</p>

<p>And the best part? No weird cut-out spaces like in Lafayette :)</p>

<p>Yeah...Laf is a retarded waste of space. If all that ceiling space was cut down, there could definitely be like at least 2-3 more floors in that building.</p>

<p>Just curious - how senior is Senior House, really? Is it really difficult to get it as anything other than a senior? Curious because I was looking for info on the upperclass dorms to see what I should expect in future years, and 13th Street looks good, but what are the odds of getting it before senior year?</p>

<p>I know that Senior House was looking for people as late as June to fill spaces, but I don't actually know how hard it is to get placed if you're not part of the program. What I DO know is that during the Housing Lottery, Senior House/West 13th was CLOSED to the rest of the NYU community and only open to people who were accepted to the program. Non-Senior House members didn't even have it as an option when they were picking beds. </p>

<p>I don't know what will happen next year, but it's a VERY small dorm. (Less then 200 people including RAs in the building.)</p>

<p>You can call Housing and see how many people are not part of the program and try to see if it's a possibility.</p>

<p>Funky building. To get to the rear tower you have to go down from the lobby, across a corridor to the elevators for the rear tower. </p>

<p>My grandparents used to mange the Markle Evangeline Residence on 123 W 13th St from 1992-1999. Then they moved up town to 720 West End Ave until 2003 when they retired.</p>

<p>I loved going to NYC to visit as a kid.</p>