I am trying to TAG this September. Need some help.

<p>I currently am going to a CSU but am going to go to a CCC for a year and then transfer to a UC. It says that I need 30 transferrable units by the time I apply for TAG. The problem is that I don't know which classes of mine transfer from a CSU. I will have 28 but i am taking summer classes at the jc so i should have more than 30 so should I be safe? Also, do ap tests count?</p>

<p>I think you would have to have your CCC evaluator evaluate which CSU courses would transfer to your CCC, and then to the UCs. (Somebody correct me if I’m wrong?)</p>

<p>AP tests only count for TAG for (as far as I know) Davis and Merced. However, after you get into any UC you can use most AP tests to get credit. Look up your school’s AP test policy to see which tests give you what credits for which classes.</p>

<p>Don’t you need at least 30 units minimum from a CC only to qualify for TAG? Or is this for some schools only.</p>

<p>alphasigmafire is correct. You should have your CCC counselor evaluate your CSU transcript for possible UC-transferability. But make sure you have plenty of units. The UCs may not always agree with the CCC evaluation. So if you are right on the border (like 31 units) and the UCs decide to not count one course, then you are in trouble. My recommendation: load up on CCC courses this summer, take courses at multiple CCCs if necessary (since summer sessions are being cut left and right). TAG will count units up to the end of summer.</p>

<p>I live close to 2 CCCs so I am going to register at both schools and take as much units as I can. Thanks for the help.</p>

<p>Be careful, though. For some schools, like UCSB, you can only have so many units before you reach senior standing, which they don’t accept for admission. I think it averages out to be something like, if you took 19+ semester units, you have to watch your units you acquire at your CC. I would find that out before you try to take as many units as possible.</p>

<p>So basically I can’t go over 90 units right? That really shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not sure what you’re talking about with the whole 19+ unit thing.</p>

<p>Also, UCSB is the place where I am planning to TAG</p>

<p>Are you going to take 30 units at a CC before you apply for TAG? Because you will need 30 units that were taken at CC ONLY before Fall 2012.</p>

<p>Are you sure? It doesn’t say that on the TAG matrix. I know that I need at least 30 units from a CCC to TAG and 60 total to transfer. On the TAG matrix it just says that I need 30 transferable units. It doesn’t say some of them can’t be from a 4 yr. There’s no way I can take 30 units just in the summer. If that was true wouldn’t ms sun have said something about that in her post?</p>

<p>^^Oh geeze you are totally right. I’m wrong, and I apologize. I’m gonna get some sleep now before I spew more incorrect information.</p>

<p>But yes, you do need at least 30 units from CC before you transfer.</p>

<p>my mistake</p>

<p>Sorry, what I meant about the 19+ is basically if you have more than 19 semester units from another university, you run risk of senior standing and need to be careful of your units. 90 units total=senior standing, but that includes anything/everything transferable that you have taken elsewhere, and you still need to take the 30 at the CCC. </p>

<p>The UCSB TAG does not apply to students with senior class standing (students with 90 semester or more UC-transferable units)
from accredited four-year universities and community colleges combined. Applications from senior class standing students will
not be accepted.
• Students cannot reach senior standing with only community college units completed. A maximum of 70 semester UCtransferable
community college units will be accepted toward graduation. Subject credit is awarded for community
college courses taken beyond 70 semester units.
• All UC-transferable units completed at a four-year university apply toward the 90 semester unit limit.</p>

<p>Lawlking: oh ok, you kind of scared me haha. Thanks anyways.</p>

<p>Vegancookies: I don’t think I will get even close to 90. AP units don’t count and I’m guessing only about 20 from my CSU will transfer. I’m majoring in poli sci and I don’t have that many prerequisites to take ad I only have to take 2 more GE classes. I’m more concerned with getting to 60 but I’m going to take some precalc and calc classes. Thanks for the help,</p>