<p>Greetings from Alaska. The current temperature is 52F but I’d expect some snow very soon in the coming week.</p>
<p>If you can recommend some decent safeties for my interest, please post!</p>
<p>Class of '10
Rank 1/500
UW GPA: 3.98 W:~4.3
Asian, international student
Intended major: Economics (finance), Psychology (double major)</p>
<p>Advanced Placement:
AP Calculus BC: 5
AP Calculus AB (sub-score): 5
AP Physics B: 5
AP U.S. History: 5
AP Language and Composition: 5
AP Psychology: 5
AP U.S. Government and Politics: 4
AP Statistics: 5</p>
<p>SAT:
Math: 800
Reading: 760
Writing: 780</p>
<p>SAT Subject Test:
Math Level II: 800
Taking US History. Then Chem in Nov.</p>
<p>Classes: *Currently Enrolled</p>
<p>Mathematics: Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, AP Statistics, Calculus 1 (UAF), Calculus BC, Calculus 3 (Univ.), Ordinary differential equations (Univ.)
Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Chemistry*
Society Studies: AP Art History<em>, U.S. History, AP European History</em>, AP Psychology, AP Economics*
Foreign Languages: Fluent Chinese Speaker, AP Spanish*</p>
<p>Academic Honor
Outstanding Math Student (2006)
Alaska Statewide Science Symposium, Participant (2008)
Alaska Statewide Science Symposium, State Winner (2009)
State of Alaska, Governors Certificate of Recognition
Alaska Science Consortium, Relevant Regional Science and Scholarship Award
Society of American Foresters, Yukon Rivers Chapter, Forestry Related Contribution
National Junior Science and Humanities Symposia, State Representative (2009)
United States Army, Navy, and Air Force, Participant Recognition
Alaska State Science Fair, Category Winner (2009)
Sigma Xi Society Alaska Chapter, Outstanding Research Award
United States Army, Certificate of Achievement
American Society for Microbiology, Alaska Branch, Outstanding Project
Society for in-vitro Biology, Certificate of Outstanding Achievement
[Yale University Science & Engineering Association, Most Outstanding Exhibit]
Alaska Statewide DECA Marketing Conference, 2nd Place in Retail Merchandising
National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist (2009)
AP Scholar with Distinction (2009)</p>
<p>Extracurricular Activity
Chinese Student Association (2004-2008)
Coordinated and hosted annual public Spring Festival celebration
Fundraised over $4000 for the earthquake in Sichuan, China in 2008
Key Club, Member(2006-2008)
Book Club(2006)
International Club, Member( 2007)
Track and Field Team, Member(2007)
Varsity Tennis Team, Member (2007-2009)
Most Improved Player(2007)
DECA Club Chapter, Member and President(2008-2009)
State DECA Association, Officer (2009)</p>
<p>Work Experience
Web Coordinator, *A dept. in university(2007)
- Maintained news updates
- Managed a dynamic content management system, built with MySQL and PHP.
Laboratory Researcher, Univ. Bio dept. (2008) - Researched bioremediation of diesel for 3 month.
- Compensated by the Research and Engineering & Apprenticeship Program (REAP) Grant sponsored by the US Army Research Office</p>
<p>***Most proud EC is my having finished more than 100 books (wide range of world classics, philosophy and some nonfictional work) during high school. I consider myself a relatively “learned” person. I spend a ton of time reading and my essay is going to probably about my beliefs and my view of myself in the world’s context. My reading and learning has influenced me tremendously as far as my personality, ambition, and even demeanor. I wouldn’t mind what else I have done in this high school but my reading.</p>
<p>My family is also not very well off until last year. Our struggle with immigration status has given me a lot of headaches, but it’s probably not something to complain about. I will definitely demonstrate my unusual amount of growth in my essay also.</p>
<p>LIST OF SCHOOLS:</p>
<p>Yale (EA) Pretty firm on this. I am applying to other ivies mainly for financial aid comparisons.</p>
<p>Harvard
Princeton
UPenn
Cornell
NYU
ChicagoU
Stanford</p>
<p>I’d chance back but I don’t lurk enough to have a good grasp of things.</p>
<p>I also found this:
<a href=“http://www.pvpusd.k12.ca.us/penhi/collegeacceptance/collegeacceptance.html[/url]”>http://www.pvpusd.k12.ca.us/penhi/collegeacceptance/collegeacceptance.html</a>
It’s comprehensive data for about 500 students and the colleges to which they applied (and results)
It seems like a goldmine of great stuff. So chance me and enjoy the data.</p>