<p>I’m almost 18 and not sure what I want to major in yet and haven’t even applied for any colleges yet. But I want to go straight to college after high school. I have no life in my small ratty town and want to go to college right away. I’ve heard you have a year or two to decide what you want to major in after starting college. Is that right? And most people start applying for colleges a year or two before graduating high school but I didn’t care about going to college until like a month ago. I don’t care that out of state tuition costs more it’ll be way worth it for me. I want to live in a big city where everyone doesn’t know everyone. And I need public transit without having to drive at all. Whenever self driving cars are available and affordable I want to get one but that ain’t gonna be for another 3-7 years. Maybe more for it to be affordable. Then if I want to go anywhere where transit doesn’t exist I can. If I try to drive ill freak out and floor it and push the brake all the way after flooring it for a seconds! I have a mental problem and driving requires to much self control and after traumatizing myself from trying to drive I lose self control the second I get behind the wheel. I hate the stupid gas pedal and brake and the steering wheel would probably become the next problem. If doctors can give me a miracle that’d be cool but otherwise I’m not mentally fit to drive. But besides that I’m pretty mentally healthy. But I do have OCD which makes the driving thing worse. I was treated for OCD but actual cures for mental illnesses (and some physical illnesses) don’t exist.</p>
<p>Good public transportation: San Francisco, Chicago, Minneapolis-StPaul, Boston…
(avoid: Atlanta, Los Angeles)
LOTS of colleges there.</p>
<p>Possibilities:
Chicago: Roosevelt, Elmhurst, DePaul, Lake Forest, Loyola, Dominican, Illinois Institute of Technology
Twin Cities: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, St Thomas University, Hamline, Macalester
San Francisco: St Mary’s of California, University of San Francisco
And Boston has perhaps 50 schools!</p>
<p>A lot of colleges don’t require you to declare your major until a year or two, yeah. Just make sure the colleges you apply to have that policy.</p>
<p>Have you taken the SAT or ACT?</p>
<p>You are not extremely late in applying for college. I have never heard of anyone applying to a college a year or two before graduating from high school! Seniors apply during their senior year. Some will apply early decision or early admittance in the fall; others will wait until regular admission which could be any time after 12/1. There are many colleges that will accept applications right up until a couple of months before the semester begins. Take a few deep breaths and begin your research. You are not too late!</p>
<p>Thank you BuckeyatHeart :)</p>
<p>have you registered for the SAT and/or the ACT? If not, call or check the webpage immediately for a late registration. The test is a month from now, so register on number2.com and work on the problems diligently.
Explore all the suggestions above - fill out the “request information” forms online (or “join the mailing list”), read their websites.</p>