i-Dosing (digital drugs)?

<p>D1 just sent me an article about it- I listened to some it sounded like NPR late Sunday night 'space music' which i happen to like.... i think the news almost looked like a joke- is it?</p>

<p>Are you referring to Echos or Stars End? Those are two great programs! I think the music might be digital, but the drugs aren't. Are you really worried that your D is into some type of new drug? Relaxing, meditative music is one thing, but I think they are looking far and wide for some interesting news. But now you got me interested, and I'm searching the net....</p>

<p>It's the frequencies that are important. I didn't like some of them, but this one is good. Wow. Whichever this one is, it's making me goofy. And it's free! This is fun. I think instead of working tomorrow, I'll be i-dosing. Thanks for the tip!</p>

<p>I think the worst part is kids are going to get the idea that taking drugs feels the same and start using drugs. And everyone is an actor on YouTube. Just because someone has a headset on and is acting like a moron, doesn't prove anything. But the science behind altering brain waves is interesting.</p>

<p>A bit off topic, but ever seen a hypnotist show. It is strange how they can make people from the audience do what they command. And they know who is faking it and ask them to leave the stage. It's funny to see people let their guard down on stage. Of all the live shows I have seen, I think they were the most interesting.</p>

<p>no, not worried. just thought this was interesting</p>

<p>Intersting. Psychology Today had this to say about it on July 10:</p>

<p>I-Dosing:</a> Digital Drugs and Binaural Beats | Psychology Today</p>

<p>Funny, I thought it was going to be this one "Horrors! Yet another digital 'high' that twists minds!" [url=<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/03/AR2010080305534.html%5Dwashingtonpost.com%5B/url"&gt;http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/03/AR2010080305534.html]washingtonpost.com[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>"To his family and teachers, Kevin (not his real name) appears to be a normal teenager. He's the sort of kid any parent would be proud to have: an honor student, captain of his school's handball team and a volunteer at a neighborhood homeless animal shelter. But what they don't know is that Kevin experiments with a dangerous drug that some experts warn can affect his moods, alter his perceptions and rewire the very circuitry of his brain.</p>

<p>Kevin is "i-wording."</p>

<p>That's the umbrella term addiction experts give to a range of potentially destructive behaviors. What the behaviors have in common is using the eyes to rapidly -- or slowly (or mediumly) -- scan a line of letters that have been arranged to spell out a hidden message, a message that can cause feelings of excitement, desire, fear, elation, even boredom. "</p>

<p>Anyone figure it out?</p>