I got a Presidential Scholarship, does this mean I don't get the Pell grant?

<p>I was recently admitted to the University of Tampa as a freshman for the summer and got a letter saying I won a Presidential scholarship for $10,000. The tution amount is $22,000 plus I want to go year rounf with no breaks so its going to be even more money... It also said need-based financial packaging began in Feb prior to fall term and Oct for spring so where does that leave me for summer? How do I know if I will get the PELL grant or not? My efc is 0.</p>

<p>Your Pell Grant is an entitlement...you'll still get it. But, I don't know if there is such a thing as Pell for summer anymore....may only be for fall and spring semesters.</p>

<p>I don't think you'll be able to go "year round" without contributing some of your own money.</p>

<p>There is no longer a second Pell grant available in a single year but students can elect to take Pell for summer semesters...it reduces the amount of the grant available for the other semesters within the academic year.</p>

<p>Alright thanks.. I guess I'll have to work for the other semesters.</p>

<p>Can she get a summer Pell grant for summer of 2012, as she hasn't had one in the 2011-2012 school year?</p>

<p>Summer of 2012 depends. If the school is a "header" school, summer Pell will reduce the amount available for next spring. If the school is a "trailer" school, 2012 Pell is part of 2011-12 school year and will not affect 2012-13 aid. However, that and loans would be the only aid available this summer.</p>

<p>In addition, there will be no aid other than whatever might be left of the annual loan limit each summer. No other aid would be available in summer, most likely.</p>

<p>what does "header" and trailer" mean?</p>

<p>She means that some schools view "summer session" as trailing the previous school year for FA purposes. And, some schools view summer session as being part of the following school year.</p>