I have about 1700 words in my essay

<p>So that I wouldn't be intimated by word count I turned it off and decided I would write my essay without it. Now I have finished my personal essay which I really and I have 1700 words.</p>

<p>Now cut out about 1000 of them.</p>

<p>What should I do? I don't think I can delete 1000 words. Maybe 700 at most.</p>

<p>If you're very happy with your topic, I'd recommend that you rewrite it completely with the same topic in mind, aiming for a much shorter length. It's difficult to go back through that much writing and cut out more than half of it. You will likely need to restructure the entire essay.</p>

<p>O_o you can fit my essay 5 times in the same amount of space</p>

<p>Give it to a friend to read and I'm SURE they will find plenty of redundancies that you yourself cannot see. A few peer edits will cut it down to size I'm sure!</p>

<p>That is Waaay too many details. The admissions people are going to Zone Out and never get to the end....</p>

<p>Look for stuff you've repeated. Look for things you've said that are negative. Look for things that are not important to the big picture. Then axe them.</p>

<p>Don't take it personally. It's practical. If you can't cut 1000 words then ditch the whole thing and write about something else.</p>