I know you are all tired of hearing this, but what are my chances?

<p>High School Sophomore
White/native American Male
unweighted GPA 3.7 (working on it)</p>

<p>I max out on my honors/AP, except math. I will also be taking my SAT this October, and ACT next March. </p>

<p>EC's
Model UN (4 highest honors, 2 second honors, participated in one 2nd best delegation and one best delegation, also was captain this year)
Debate (2 speaker awards, one team award, will be captain next or senior year)
Playing Varsity football this year, defensive back
Varsity nordic skiing, will be captain senior year
Spanish club
Key Club
I have worked on the Republican campaign for the past two election cycles
Held the same job since 8th grade
Volenteer with the humane society, the tribe, and CCFA/David Garrard Foundation</p>

<p>looking to apply to Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Georgetown, Grinnell, and Michigan State University</p>

<p>I also plan on attending JSA at Princeton University next summer and will be attending Michigan State's debate camp this summer. (number 1 debate program in the coutry :D)</p>

<p>To make a reliable prediction of your chances at these schools is impossible without knowing your test scores, grades and schedule for the next two years, and all of that.</p>

<p>I haven't received my AP score for world back yet, same with SAT II world.
Next I plan to take
AP US Gov and Politics
AP Lang and Comp
AP Biology (might have to take honors physics, class is maxed right now)
Algebra 2
math topics
Sociology
Spanish II
I also am independent studying AP comparative politics and economics next year. I plan to take Math I, US history, either Bio E or Phyics, and Lit SAT II next year.</p>

<p>Senior year
AP Literature
AP Statistics
AP Psych
Honors phyics (or AP bio)
Spanish 4
and probably crime and justice</p>

<p>We need to know what your GPA means in the context of your school. What is your rank?</p>

<p>I need to check with my councilor, but I know I am in the top 25ish percent, but that was ballpark.</p>

<p>Update, I grabbed my transcript. (we are on Trimesters, just an FYI)</p>

<p>Tri 1 Frosh
Business Law A-
English 9 A
US history honors A
Algebra 1 A-
Concert Orchestra B+</p>

<p>Tri 2 Frosh
Model UN honors A
Bio honors A-
Spanish 1 A-
English 9 honors A-
US history Honors A</p>

<p>Tri 3 Frosh
Gym A
Public speaking B- (more theatre oriented :P)
Bio honors A-
Algebra 1 A-
Spanish 1 A-</p>

<p>Tri 1 Soph
Gym A
AP World B
Honors Chem B
Spanish 2 B+
Yearbook A</p>

<p>Tri 2 soph
Independent study model UN honors A
English 10 honors B+ (tough as the dickens teacher!)
Geometry B (did poorly on the exam)
AP World A-
Spanish 2 B
Yearbook A</p>

<p>Tri 3 soph (expected)</p>

<p>zero hour weights and conditioning A
English 10 honors B+
honors chem A-
Geometry A
AP world A
Yearbook A</p>

<p>
[quote]
I need to check with my councilor, but I know I am in the top 25ish percent, but that was ballpark.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Ouch. Princeton, JHU, NU, and Georgetown will be veeery long shots with that rank.</p>

<p>Like I said, that is a ballpark. I will ask my councilor tomorrow.</p>

<p>Are you guys overlooking the whole Native American thing? Like that helps....a lot....a lot, a lot..... Plus I can see a lot of really great essay topics about your heritage and culture. In addition, the whole Nordic Skiing thing is pretty sweet. Sooo, if you bring your GPA and rank up (which you def have time as you are only a sophomore) I think you may have a shot. If not at Princeton, then at Michigan and Grinnell, and possibly the other ones. </p>

<p>Chance me back?
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/940331-just-another-ivy-league-chance-me-please-2.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/940331-just-another-ivy-league-chance-me-please-2.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Only problem, is that my mother's biological father isn't on her birth certificate, we are trying to figure out how to get me down on paper, though. I am also going to write my essays about my Crohn's disease and the adversity I had to overcome to do as well as I am.</p>

<p>I just checked, I am in the top 15% of my class, hopefully I can get up into the top 5ish percent.</p>