I love hillary clinton! Stop talking smack!

<p>I am a college student, and I feel it is necessary to confess my love for hillary. I always see teens and young adults in love with Obama, but I just dont understand it. How can anyone like someone with relatively no experience? Rhetoric does not equal to substance. Everytime Obama lovers try to insinuate that Hillary's first lady job does not equal to experience is just crazy! As a president, you must visit other countries and try to resolve issues. Is that not what Hillary did as the first lady trying to stop female circumcision? Did she not do that when she traveled to China to try to stop the abuse of women? What has obama done? What legislation has obama passed that has saved the country, or even illinois?</p>

<p>If you are a parent, Im sure you were able to witness jimmy carter's presidency. Hardly any lack of experience and was torn apart everytime he tried to do something.</p>

<p>Also, ask yourselves this. Obama claims to be able to unite the country, but how can he unite the country when hispanics and asians refuse to vote for him?</p>

<p>Let me remind you that before Hillary ran for president, hispanics voted in majority for bush. If obama wins the nomination, the hispanics will vote for mccain, and will go back to being republican (this could even be seen as mccain was the only republican to receive a majority of hispanic votes in california).</p>

<p>To me, it is a clear choice. Hillary is the only one capable to handle the economic issues this country faces.</p>

<p>"hispanics voted in majority for bush"</p>

<p>No they didn't</p>

<p>"Hillary is the only one capable to handle the economic issues this country faces."</p>

<p>What has she said she'll do, or can do, to change the economic forces affecting the present economy?</p>

<p>
[quote]
News media exit polls on election night reported Bush winning 44 percent of Hispanics this year, a startling nine percentage-point jump from 2000. Some skeptics weren't buying it, saying the data were flawed. Antonio Gonzalez, president of the William C. Velasquez Institute, said his exit poll showed Bush taking 33 percent.</p>

<p>The Annenberg survey, which is run through the University of Pennsylvania, says its best estimate is that 41 percent of the Hispanic vote went for Bush over Democratic nominee John F. Kerry. It got the figure by analyzing its polls taken in the eight weeks before Election Day and two weeks after. (Only the later polls, obviously, could ask how someone actually voted. The earlier ones measured voter intentions.)</p>

<p>Among male Hispanics, Bush's support rose from 34 percent in 2000 to 46 percent this time -- the most notable finding of the Annenberg data. Bush support among women rose a statistically insignificant one percentage point, to 36 percent.

[/quote]

<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26119-2004Dec25.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26119-2004Dec25.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Since this is the Parent's Cafe, some of us don't even know what "smack" means.</p>

<p>I hope if the original poster is a high school student, that he/she doesn't use the pro-Hillary post as a college entrance essay! In my opinion, it didn't make the statement in a clear and concise way. :o</p>

<p>I got lost trying to connect female circumcision, Jimmy Carter, and Hispanics. :confused:</p>

<p>
[quote]
What has she said she'll do, or can do, to change the economic forces affecting the present economy?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Hillary was the first one to propose a stimulus package, which was later copied by obama; and 2 weeks later, bush came out with his own.</p>

<p>44%, and that figure is in serious doubt, is not a majorty.</p>

<p>"a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total <a majority="" of="" voters="">"</a></p><a majority="" of="" voters="">

</a><p><a majority="" of="" voters=""></a><a href="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/majority%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/majority&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>"Hillary was the first one to propose a stimulus package, which was later copied by obama; and 2 weeks later, bush came out with his own</p>

<p>And that will correct the serious credit and RE issues how?</p>

<p>Of course its not a majority, but considering how the vote was spread out, that was the majority at the time.</p>

<p>Lastly, it will correct the credit issues because she was the only one to offer the action to stem tide of foreclosure, including a 90-day moratorium on subprime foreclosures and an automatic rate freeze on subprime mortgages of at least five years, which obama did not. This could help a lot of families facing financial problems. Also, she wants to invest $10 billion in extending and broadening unemployment insurance for those who are struggling to find work. How could that not help?</p>

<p>"Hillary was the first one to propose a stimulus package"</p>

<p>Bush instigated a stimulus package ~7 years ago. It's not a new idea.</p>

<p>Thats what all republicans do...cut taxes and give checks. However, Hillary WAS the first one to note a recession, and she was the first one to propose it this year. In THIS recession.</p>

<p>Can you please stop trying to dissect all my words?</p>

<p>"Of course its not a majority, but considering how the vote was spread out, that was the majority at the time"</p>

<p>What??? A majority is what it is. Vote distribution as nothing to do with anything.</p>

<p>"Thats what all republicans do...cut taxes"</p>

<p>Taxes? Bush instigated a "rebate" ~ 7 years ago. Hillary's rebate wasn't a new idea.</p>

<p>The 5 year rate freeze is one of the most brazen and economically unsound proposals I have seen. It is wrong on many fronts.</p>

<p>Whatever; if you are going to keep dissecting my word "majority" so you could make yourself feel like hispanics could swing in obama's direction, its not going to happen. Hispanics will not vote for obama.</p>

<p>"Hillary WAS the first one to note a recession"</p>

<p>What's the definition of a recession?</p>

<p>keep it up erewhon! keep dissecting my words, as if they matter anyways.</p>

<p>Are you going to ask me what dissect means too?</p>

<p>"Hispanics will not vote for obama."</p>

<p>Okay. Men won't vote for Hillary. What's your point?</p>

<p>Thats not true. It depends on the region of the country, if you look at the exit polls. Even in illinois (obama's turf) Hillary won the hispanic vote by 52%</p>

<p>"Are you going to ask me what dissect means too?"</p>

<p>What's the problem of answering what the definition of recession is? If you believe we're in one, you should know the definition.</p>