I’m in middle school and got in trouble with the principal how will this effect me later in life

I recently got into a bit of trouble with my middle school principal, you see me and some girl were at theater rehearsal and we were just messing around while waiting for our cues. I started poking the other girl and she started laughing she grinned at me and said “you know I’m way stronger than you right?” I laughed and poked her again. In response to this the seized both of my wrists and twisted them. I reacted and bit her hand. She didn’t even show any sign of pain and simply let go and stuck her tongue out at me. The next day I was called into the office, apparently the girl’s mum saw bite marks and flipped out. The principal called my mom and gave her the option to either give me an in school suspension and take me out of the play or for to chaperone me to the next three rehearsals so the incident didn’t get repeated. She chose to come with me to rehearsal. I have never gotten in trouble at school except for tardiness and stuff so I was wondering if this incident was going to effect me later in life (high school, college, job etc) I heard that on your college application you have to tell if you’ve ever been suspended/expelled would I check the “yes” on that box?

You are fine. This will not carry over to your high school transcript. Just keep your hands - and teeth - to yourself going forward.

Yes, it will affect you if you don’t learn from it.

This is a lesson you were suppose to learn early, in preschool:

Keep your hands to yourself

You are in school. You are not allowed to put your hands on anyone, regardless of the situation, what anyone says or does, or how you are feeling. Get it?
I say this to my preschoolers on an, almost, daily basis. Keep your hands to yourself, always!

Apparently you still haven’t learned anything because you state and make the excuse:

It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter, It doesn’t matter.

It sounds to me as though you have.

You are not allowed to touch, poke, swipe, hit, bite, twist, nor anything where you touch and affect another person who does NOT want to be touched. Simple preschool rule. Stick to it.

Yes, you have to check the box-with an explanation-in middle school.

Agree that this incident won’t carry forward to high school but my goodness you need to learn to control your behavior or the consequences will be much more severe and long-term moving forward.

Also learn to stand up for yourself and tell the principal that she twisted your hands as well so what will be happening to her?

I believe she got an after school detention but I’m not sure

Posting as your kid violates the site’s terms of use. But writing “My kid recently got into trouble, should I be worried?” would not violate the terms of use. Just for possible future use… :slight_smile:

@Sam-I-Am What makes you think this is not the student? In the post above the “she” refers to the girl involved in the incident not the OP.

Op , you are not suspended. Your mother is providing additional monitoring of your behavior so that you don’t behave immaturely during practice. 1) no need to mention this and 2) learn and don’t do it again so there is never anything you have to worry about disclosing