I need to call my admissions officer at Berkeley, is "Schante" a male or female name?

<p>My acceptance letter includes an admission officer that you are suppose to correspond with.</p>

<p>It reads “Schante Hayes.” First of all, I don’t even know how to pronounce this. Is it “sha-nt” or “sean-tay”?</p>

<p>Secondly, is this a male or female name?</p>

<p>I would hate to offend him or her by saying “Hello, may I please speak with Ms. Hayes” if it turns out to be a guy lol.</p>

<p>Lol! Funniest thread in a while. I think it’s an African-American woman whose name is shawn-tay. Just say Schante and then you’ll find out if it’s a man or a woman; they aren’t going to rescind your offer over mispronunciation. :)</p>

<p>“Hello, can I speak to the person who has the last name of Hayes first initial S?”</p>

<p>“yo wdup beezy, dat trick schante in? im finna discuss sum biznezz wid hur”</p>

<p>I met with her! She is a wonderful younger (24-29) African American female. She loves speaking with people who have ambition and are motivated to do well in life and academics. You are very lucky to have her as your admissions officer, I thought she was AWESOME! </p>

<p>Her name is pernounced “Shawn-Tay”…“Hays”</p>

<p>really strange thread…no but seriously Schante is so cool…she is by far one of the best adcoms at Berkeley</p>

<p>Does anyone have Krauskop by chance? lol</p>

<p>She is super nice. I met her smoking a cigarette outside Sproul Hall and she asked for a cigarette. Also, she is really good at remembering people. I saw her a month later and she started a conversation with me and I was like “who is this person?” and then I remembered.</p>

<p>K cool, the thing is I was admitted to Berkeley for Spring 2010 and UCLA for Fall 2009. The spring admit FAQ says that you cannot take any classes the semester prior to spring enrollment at a four year without approval from your adcom. So I emailed Ms. Hayes and asked her if I could take classes at UCLA before going to Cal, so far no response. I’m going to call as soon as I get a chance.</p>

<p>Thanks guys</p>

<p>They are super busy at this time. I have a friend who was a Spring Admit and took classes in Fall, but there are certain requirements that she will let you know about.</p>

<p>Hockeelover, would you mind disclosing where the spring admit took classes in the fall? =)</p>

<p>Sorry I misread the post, He took classes at his CC, but they recommended him moving up here and taking classes at a local CC.</p>

<p>I am not sure how it will work at 4 year college. I tried to do an Intercampus Visitor Program from Cal to UCI because I needed to be with my family, but the advisor said I could get credit for some classes, but not the units.</p>

<p>If all else fails, you can look into Berkeley Extension courses. That way you can fulfill some requirements from the comfort of your home.</p>

<p>what exactly do our admissions officers do? Mine is Geralyn Yparraguirre I am guessing she is filipino because of the geralyn part, am I right?</p>

<p>“yo wdup beezy, dat trick schante in? im finna discuss sum biznezz wid hur” </p>

<p>omg no one else laughed at this, aahahhaha</p>

<p>anyone else assigned to Ken Gonsalves?</p>

<p>btw…i met Ron Williams at Cal Day…awesome guy, extremely approachable/knowledgeable</p>

<p>thnx for bumping the thread i wanted to bump.</p>

<p>lol</p>

<p>lol np 10cha</p>