So I am applying to top schools in finance, and I just realized I look trash at math. I applied ED to Wharton at UPenn and I now think I have no chance. I only got a 33 on the math ACT and I have barely taken any hard math classes (AP calc A/B and AP Physics C( Have an A in both currently and sent the quarter grades)) Also I didn’t take subject tests due to my counselor not knowing they were a thing and me not taking personal responsibility. So now it looks like I am trash at math but I swear I’m not. I also tutor in math if that could help show that I am not bad at all. Pretty much my math looks like trash, do I have a chance at top schools but mostly Wharton
Math scores are important because you need to take calculus and then statistics. Finance/economics courses will utilize statistics. A 33 indicates that these courses should not be a problem, so that will not hold you back.
I think that you demonstrate strength in math with your course selection, but what may hold you back is your lack of subject tests.
@givemethtcheese Ya thats what I was afraid of. I unfortunately didn’t know the subject tests were a thing until it was too late, and I was too busy to take them as I had to work my job. I didn’t explain this though, do you think I still have a chance at all
The acceptance rate is ridiculously low. If you meet the basic criteria, you have a chance. Having said that, if you don’t have subject tests and all your competition does, your chance is perhaps less than that of other applicants.
Part of being a top applicant is submitting everything they are looking for. Recommended things more usually mean required for ORM students. Optional things are more likely not truly optional for unhooked students. You are not going to get the answer you hope to hear from anyone on this forum.
@Lindagaf I do t get what you mean. I am not looking. To hear a specific answer., I am looking for inputs on what people think of my situation. If I wanted to hear a certain answer I wouldn’t have asked the question. Also I know the subject tests are probably required for someone like me but due to circumstances (not blaming anyone still my fault) such as my counselor not knowing they were a thing and me having to work a ton and volunteer even more I was unable to take the tests u til just this month (I didn’t explain this on my app either). So pretty much even without the subject tests do I have any sort if chance with my volunteering and work experience along with perfect grades thus far making up for the subject tests
MODERATOR’S NOTE:
Closing thread. At least the 3rd thread with a variation of the theme.