I ran into Mort Sahl today

<p>I ran into Mort Sahl today. One of the the people that I don't know but who has made my life better.</p>

<p>I said to him, "Aren't you Mort Sahl? He answered, "I'm afraid so."</p>

<p>I said, "You're awesome."</p>

<p>So here is my tribute to Mort Sahl. His own quotes. ( I love JFK's quote too).</p>

<p>Mort</a> - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>"About his ideology: "I'm not a liberal, I'm a radical!"
About liberals and conservatives: "Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen."
About politics and evolution: "There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 200 million and the two top guys are Clinton and Dole. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong!"
About George W. Bush: "He's the face on the can. But who canned that soup?"
About Richard M. Nixon: "Would you buy a used car from this man?"
About Wernher von Braun: "I aim at the stars (but sometimes I hit London)." (Refers to the 1960 von Braun biopic I Aim at the Stars).
About cosmetic surgery: "There's so much Botox around now that you can't tell when a Jewish girl is angry!"
About comedy: "It has changed. It isn't funny anymore!"
On the House Committee on Un-American Activities: "Every time the Russians throw an American in jail, the Committee throws an American in jail to get even."
To Otto Preminger about his film Exodus: "Otto — let my people go" (reputed — referring to its 220 minute length)
Asked his motto: "If you can't join them, beat them."
"If you maintain a consistent political position long enough, you will eventually be accused of treason." — From the recording Mort Sahl at the hungry i
Sahl once told a story about flying with JFK on Air Force One. When they encountered some turbulence, JFK commented to Sahl that if the plane went down, everyone aboard would probably be killed, adding that, "Your name would be in very small print!"</p>

<p>I am hoping ypu didn't literally run into him.</p>

<p>Great JFK story- thanks for sharing.
:)</p>