I really want to get into Brown,NYU,UCLA,USC,Penn State,University of North Carolina School of the A

-rts, and Syracuse. Freshmen year i had a 2.7 gpa, sophmore: 3.3. Now i’m in my junior year, and I’m taking 3 APs and 1 B course. (AP US History,AP Art History, AP Comparitive Government, and IB English). What should my gpa be this year??? and I might start a new club at my school. I have to know…

There is no set GPA you need to achieve. In reality, your GPA “should” be a 4.0, but obviously that may not be possible. Just work hard and come back in senior year for chances.

I appreciate that you have a rising gpa but you are not on track for super selective colleges. Are you exceptionally talented in art? Also you have to look at test scores in comparison to the colleges.

You may have a hard time for the top 4 in your list.

These are very expensive and elite schools.

The GPAs are typically 4.0s.
Can you afford them?

I’m going to be honest with you, unless you magically pull a 34-36 on the ACT or get some artwork accepted to gallery, those choices all seem a little outside of your reason. Those are highly selective colleges where tens of thousands of students apply for a very small amount of spots. You can try and apply to some, but your best bet would probably be UNC of the Arts or Penn

If you have a cumulative 3.0 right now, straight A’s for the next two years would bring you up to a 3.5. That would be somewhat competitive for Penn State (which is not Penn, as a matter of semantics, post #5).

I think that UNCSA admissions are heavily weighted for portfolios and auditions rather than stats. I’d say Brown is exceedingly unlikely. You haven’t even taken any standardized tests yet. Are you looking at Tisch at NYU, or a BFA program at USC? UCLA is very GPA-focused. You will need to calculate your UC-GPA, which is based on academic grades in sophomore and junior years. If you are not a CA resident, and that GPA is under 3.4, you have no chance whatsoever of getting into any UC. UCLA usually requires well over 4.0 (weighted) for admission. The good news is that your freshman grades won’t count.

Are you interested in Visual or Performing Arts? While many BFA programs do not place a huge priority on grades and scores, their talent requirements are daunting and they are some of the most selective schools in the country. NOBODY can chance you on a site like this. You could have perfect grades and scores and still have no chance if your portfolio or audition are not outstanding.

All of your schools are out of reach except for School of the Arts because it is based heavily based on portfolios. I wouldn’t bother applying to those schools (other than the one I just mentioned) because you won’t get in with those stats and you would be wasting your time and money.