I received e-mails but nothing about financial aid

<p>Hi! I recently got accepted to SVA and SAIC. I received e-mails and mails saying "congratulations...lah lah," but nothing about financial aid or scholarships...I'm totally new to this and sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this mean that I didn't qualify for anything?</p>

<p>
[quote]
SVA and SAIC

[/quote]
</p>

<p>And what are these schools?</p>

<p>Your best bet, regardless of the schools, is to contact them. Tell them you are an accepted student and you wondered when financial aid awards will be sent.</p>

<p>SVA: School of Visual Arts
SAIC: School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Sorry for the vague-ness!</p>

<p>It's very common for FA award letter to be sent later (sometimes much later) than acceptances. For RD and EA applicants, only merit scholarships are commonly (but, again, not always) sent with acceptance letters. Admissions and FA are completely separate departments and FA requires a separate set of information from you in order to package and process your awards. Have you submitted your FAFSA and whatever else these schools require of financial aid applicants?</p>

<p>From the SAIC website:</p>

<p>
[quote]
Student Financial Services mails award letters packets to all new students who have:
•Been admitted to SAIC
•Completed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)</p>

<p>Initial award letter packets are, generally, mailed 8–10 business days after completion of the above items.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>From SVA:</p>

<p>
[quote]
Q: When can I expect to receive an award letter?
Beginning March 1st, our office will make every effort to send you an award letter within 2-3 weeks (depending on the time of year) of receiving your FAFSA results

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Yes, I completed the FAFSA forms online and they're all processed and ready for schools to view them or something. Wow, thank you so much for the help! I guess I just need to wait now :) again, thanks.</p>