I Want To ED Wharton in Fall, Chances?

<p>I'm a junior right now, please evaluate my chances and tell me what my chances are if I apply ED Wharton in the fall. They're acceptance rates shoot up from around 9% to about 20% when you apply early decision, so it seems like it would be much easier. Thanks in advance for any help.</p>

<p>GPA Unweighted:4.0
SAT:2270, will take again and get 2300+ (I'm confident)
SAT II: World History 730
US History 780
Math II 800
Physics 800
Biology 750</p>

<p>Ethnicity:Chinese American
School:Maggie Walker Governors School (top magnet school)
top 10% of class, sends many students to top schools</p>

<p>AP's Taken: 15 AP Tests, including those in senior year, several dual enrollment college courses taken as well</p>

<p>Significant Extracurriculars:
Chess Club-Led team to Regional 2nd place, 1st place finishes, 2006 US Amateur Eastern Champion, 2006 Virginia Amateur Champion, 2007 Virginia High School 3rd Place, 2008 Virginia 11th Grade Champion
Amnesty International Student Group Leader
Economics Club
Model UN
Young Rep. Club</p>

<p>i'd say 0%</p>

<p>I severely doubt that I'm that low; my counselor told me i had a chance, but didnt elaborate at all. I kno plenty of less-than-valedictorian students who have gotten in, but I would like a more solid evaluation than "maybe".</p>

<p>lemme give u a tip, in ur essays, write strong reasons why Penn should have you there, and how your presence among Penn's students will enrich their experience...you have to have something in your background which will add value to campus life....show em how u've made an impact on your community...if you're convincing enough, you're definitley going to get in, given ur stats....</p>

<p>i agree with mr. mire. your academics make me look like small potatoes and i got in. </p>

<p>the only thing for you now is to prove to them that you are not the automaton robot that many people with your stats are. id say you are only lacking in community service. if someone as smart as you will enhance the classs and add to the penn environment signifiantly you have a very high chance. </p>

<p>lol, just as long as you dont list you are part of the young republican's club..</p>

<p>lol im surprised most campuses are liberal...i'd expect most kids in Wharton to be future wall street players, who are capitalist hence republican....i emphasized in my essays that I've done a lotta community work and actually made an impact on my community....hope that helps tho, cuz I applied ED to M&T and got deferred :(</p>

<p>yeah you are getting in</p>

<p>Good to go!</p>

<p>Omit the part about the Young Republicans. I know that it's a worthy pursuit, involving yourself in politics and making a difference, but Penn is a liberal campus. Actually, nearly all top schools are.</p>

<p>"I kno plenty of less-than-valedictorian students who have gotten in, but I would like a more solid evaluation than 'maybe'."</p>

<p>Don't let your stats go to your head. You are part of the "rise of the automaton student" group - supposedly better than the rest due to your profusion of numbers. Don't fall into that trap - developing an ego during admissions is the worst thing you can do. Every top school rejects droves of perfect students like you for "less qualified" students. Why? Their essays, writing samples and activities demonstrate a passion that cannot be rivaled by a robot. Unless you prove otherwise, you're just another robot applying.</p>

<p>You're chances are 50% right now because you don't have much advanced economics work as far as I can tell. To seal the deal on an admissions letter, you'll need an in-depth summer program, strong economics classes or research to guarantee you a place. Right now, I don't see you having demonstrated much passion. Banana is right - the burden of proof is on you to distinguish yourself from the asian robot stereotype.</p>

<p>lol, dont colleges want political diversity aswell...if they're all for cultural, international, and ethnic diversity, then why not for political diversity....im sure they could use a few republicans on campus :D</p>

<p>Hey man I'm from rva too, Maggie Walker is a powerhouse. Don't mess with it. I'm sure you will be fine whereever, just make sure no one else from Maggie Walker applies to Penn (especially if they are URM). Good luck! Man, I can't believe I denied Maggie Walker. Oh well, I really enjoy the Dells -haha. I'm actually on mine now!</p>