I wrote and submitted a bad college essay?

<p>I sent it to Binghamton, Buffalo, Geneseo, and Stony Brook. My SATs, ACTs, grades, and extracurriculars are okay I guess (1250 for reading and math, 94.62 average, 29 on the ACTs, and I've been on the indoor, outdoor, and cross country track team. Also I'm in NHS but apparently colleges don't really care about it). Basically I made the mistake of not writing a hook and I called myself "boring and risk averse" though I later clarified saying that I changed COMPLETELY after this experience I had. Did I screw up my chances for those SUNY colleges?</p>

<p>I would think colleges would take notice poorly WRITTEN essay much more than the actual subject matter..unless it is completely offensive or morose (even then....). </p>

<p>Was your actual essay boring to read, or was the subject matter that you considered yourself boring and played it safe until some event or turnaround? Big difference.</p>

<p>The second one. I had a lot of people read it and people said that after the introduction (which wasn't very attention grabbing) it actually got really good. Of course I should have emphasized more on HOW it changed me from boring to more adventurous since all I did was claim that it did, but it's too late now. :/</p>

<p>I wouldn't worry then :) Like you said, what's done is done - and you are, by far, your harshest critic. I bet you'll be just fine.</p>

<p>Don't worry about it. What's done is done and the admissions essay is not the end of the world. :) You'll be just fine! But if your applying to other colleges and you have reservations.... don't submit the same essay :P</p>