IB Vs. AP

<p>Is one favored more than the other?</p>

<p>Most schools say they don't have a preference, especially since most high schools offer one.</p>

<p>However, you'd be hard-pressed to find an intelligent admissions officer who honestly thinks taking 4 APs total is comparable to the IB Diploma.</p>

<p>If they're looking at it realistically, the IB Diploma is comparable to a full load of APs. The IB Certificate program is, on the other hand, mostly pointless, although it is in some ways comparable to picking and choosing a few APs.</p>

<p>One thing's for certain - it doesn't get better than IB.</p>

<p>S1 graduated Full IB diploma, S2 will have alot of APs
just my thoughts -
select colleges look at rigor. full IB is generally viewed as the MOST rigorous if you have both options available. Helps for admission.
AP credits are easier to get. Usually the select colleges only give credit for higher level IB, not standard level IB exams. In other words you might not get credit for SL Math (calculus) but you might for AP Calc. Better for placement/credits.
At mid/lower level schools I still think the AP is more widely recognized. Some colleges just arent sure what to do placement wise with an IB score.
That said, both my boys loved their individual programs and both will be going to respected schools of their choosing.</p>

<p>Good luck with your decision</p>

<p>You will do fine with either.</p>