IDOC question from newbie

<p>Long time lurker, thanks for so much great info. I've never had to ask a question, I always find the answers until now.</p>

<p>Our IDOC requirement sheet says just the tax return for both student and parent:</p>

<p>"A complete signed copy of your parents' 2011 federal income tax return (or a translated copy of their country's equivalent), including all required Schedules and all Partnership or Corporate returns, is required if your parents filed or will file a tax return for 2011. Do not send tax worksheets unless required for submission to the IRS. Do not send state tax returns or previous years' returns unless you are specifically instructed to. If your parents are not required to file a 2011 federal or equivalent income tax return, they must submit a Non-tax Filer's Statement and supporting documentation."</p>

<p>The cover sheet says all kinds of additional things including W-2, 1099's, verification worksheet, etc. </p>

<p>Do I send everything from the cover sheet? Do I send only the tax return with all schedules? My DH owns a business, I receive W-2 from the business. They did not ask for business supplement, even though Harvard required it and said to send it through IDOC.</p>

<p>Thank you, any help will be appreciated.</p>

<p>I sent everything that I send to the IRS for our taxes, all of our schedules, W-2's and everything listed on the cover sheet. It's my first time doing it also, so I don't know for sure, but I figured I would rather they have too much information than too little.</p>

<p>I sent the business supplement even though it's not on the cover sheet and the the other things that are on the list.</p>