If a college sends you e-mails/letters...

<p>Does it mean you have very good chances of being accepted into those schools? Because even though my GPA is only 3.29, I've gotten letters/e-mails from colleges including Barnard, John Hopkins University and the University of Chicago.</p>

<p>lolz</p>

<p>not if they are just pamphlets, newsletters, "consider {insert school here}", or advice on choosing your college in the oncoming years.</p>

<p>Otherwise, I would have a very good chance at Carnegie Mellon, UofChicago, Columbia, Stanford, and UPenn. I'm not saying you don't have a very good chance. I am saying don't read into those mass mail letters too much.</p>

<p>In most cases, no. These are more of just advertisements. But that doesn't mean you don't have a good chance!</p>

<p>That's all right. :] Thanks for letting me know!</p>

<p>You might try anyway! Good luck! =)</p>

<p>Those colleges mail tens of thousands of letters and pamphlets to students. They purchase the names and addresses from testing companies, or pinpoint certain schools and zip codes. Unfortunately you will need a competitive GPA, and test scores in the mid 50th percentile of their admitted students. You can research those numbers to see how you stand up.</p>