If colleges eliminated tests completely and focused on subjective factors in applications...

I was recently reading a book, and the author along with several others believed that the college admission process was unfair solely because numerous colleges require standardized tests, such as the SAT, ACT, or SAT Subject test. In contrast, however, they believed that subjective aspects of applications, such as extracurricular activities, essays, letters of recommendation, GPA, and etc. were better because they indicated things that the standardize tests can’t show. However, I somewhat disagree because although a test on any given day cannot show the aspects that they suggested, it can show a student’s general knowledge of a given subject. Moreover, if colleges were to evaluate applicants on subjective aspects of their college application, then it would somewhat undermine the purpose of giving everyone a fair shot at being admitted to a college. Students with access to better opportunities would have more polished applications, though students who don’t might have less quality ones. Anyway, I just wanted to ask what are your thoughts?

Closing duplicative thread. Feel free to comment on the existing thread.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-admissions/2193668-is-the-sat-fair-and-most-people-don-t-know-the-content-or-is-the-sat-unfair-because-its-racial-bias.html#latest