If I already have high school credit in a general requirement

<p>If I already have some credit to fulfill IGETC do it actually count towards by transfer credit? For example, I already took 3 years of a language and I passed AP European History. I would think I wouldn't have to take any more language or history at my jc, considering they aren't necessary for my major.</p>

<p>Yes, they fulfill the IGETC. Two years of HS language with a C or better fulfills the foreign language requirement; your AP European History test with a score of 3 or better fulfills either one humanities or social/behavioral sciences course (but not both). Every CC's conditions are different, though, so make sure you check with your school's particular IGETC requirements.</p>

<p>I had the same question.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if you get unit-credit for the language and a history class? I took 4 years of french...would they give me 5 units for the 5 unit french class, or would they just mark down that i fulfilled the proficiency?</p>

<p>I also took an ap us history class...would they give me the 3 units that a history class is worth, or would they just say that i dont have to take history again?</p>

<p>^ Good follow-up question.</p>

<p>Yes, they only give the fulfillment for the particular requirement, no units.</p>

<p>They don't give anything for AP classes, only the tests, if you passed.</p>

<p>Ok, so considering that I have most of the IGETC already complete, I can pretty much just take the classes recommended by assist.org, yes? :)</p>

<p>Those classes on ASSIST are required. I find it funny that they call it 'recommended' preparation especially when you hear of so manyu ppl not getting accepted for not having them.</p>

<p>PS. Yay, no more history!</p>

<p>Awesome, well in that case, I should be able to take many of the assist.org classes; more than the ones required.</p>

<p>^ Yeah. The more you have, the more you seem passionate about your major, which makes you a bit more competitive.</p>

<p>You can always take elective courses too, of course. Just make sure they're UC-transferrable and easy-A's ha ha.</p>

<p>Yes, thank you everyone for answering my questions.</p>