If my stats are sub-par will these SAT II scores put me out of the game?

<p>I’ve gotten “slight reach”</p>

<p>I just checked my SAT II scores. 660 in US History and 710 in Literature. I’m pretty disappointed.</p>

<p>What are your other stats? UC GPA, SATs, etc? Those aren’t bad by any means, you are just already at an extreme disadvantage bc you’re OOS</p>

<p>^^ agreed. While a 710 is pretty good, being OOS puts you to a higher standard. Same for a 660.</p>

<p>11AP classes and 7 Honors classes in high school- a very tough schedule for what my school offers.
regular weighted/unweighted: 3.73/4.46
3.93 UC GPA (weighting a max of 8 honor semesters)
660 CR, 670 M, 770W= 2100
660 US History, 710 Lit</p>

<p>ECs:
Girl Scouts of the United States (since 1996)
12 hours a month of volunteer work at local animal shelter (since February 2007)
Taught the Junior Achievement program curriculum to fifth graders once a week for a semester (Fall 2005)
30 hours of volunteer work at a Catholic thrift shop (Spring 2007)
American Civil Liberties Union member (I participate in any related local events that I can)
National Honor Society (inducted November 2006)
Gay Straight Alliance member (since August 2005)</p>

<p>Awards: Kansas Honor scholar (Have to in top 10% of high school class)
The National Society of High School Scholars membership</p>

<p>Counselor-In-Training at Girl Scout resident camp- I underwent an eighteen-day/seventeen-night training program (June 14, 2006- July 1, 2006) and then a ten-day/nine-night internship (July 18, 2006- July 27, 2006), in which I worked alongside a real camp counselor to understand the counseling job.</p>

<p>Girl Scout resident camp counselor- I worked all camp season, from May 31, 2007 to August 11, 2007 at Camp Oakledge in Warsaw, Missouri. I had my own “patrol” of approximately eight young girls to care for night and day in a camp setting. The season lasted five ten-day sessions. After every session was a two-day break. I got a two-hour daily break and was paid 36 dollars per day.</p>

<p>I don’t think higher scores would make much of a difference. Your UC GPA is at the average for mid-tier UCs, and that’s mostly in-state students. Berkeley’s is much higher, and OOS students usually have very high UC GPAs, not to mention high SATs, great ECs and honors/awards, etc.</p>

<p>thank you, but I’m also senior in high school who’s done extensive research, and I maintain that I would like input from people out of high school</p>