If you only had to take one AP, which one would you prefer the most in terms of benefits in the long

<p>Title says it all :)</p>

<p>Personally, I have found AP Stats to be by far the most useful. I have already used it in 2 other AP courses and it gave me a math credit, something I am not automatically good at. Plus, my background in Stats has allowed me to get a head start on this research project students are allowed to do their freshman year. So that is definitely a plus, great useful, applicable class.</p>

<p>Other classes that really fascinated me include: Psych, APES, and APUSH. All useful and interesting to me in their own way.</p>

<p>On the science side, I would say that Chemistry is really useful. It’s usually applied almost everywhere. </p>

<p>Language and Composition is by far the most useful of all APs.</p>

<p>Calculus</p>

<p>Given that I’m going into engineering, probably bc calc.</p>

<p>I’d have to say Biology. I just really…love it. Honestly, I couldn’t narrow it down, since I love all of them (Biology the most, of course). For example, APUSH really ties in with AP Lang, so it’s hard to just choose “one.”</p>

<p>Chemistry! </p>

<p>More confusing x(</p>

<p>Lang probably, since good writing is essential regardless of where you go. Obviously, if you have a specific interest that you intend to pursue in college, any AP relevant to that interest will be beneficial to you.</p>

<p>For having fun, AP Chemistry. Although the newly revamped course curriculum skips out on quite a bit.
For practical purposes, really a foreign language such as AP Spanish. So many colleges have foreign language requirement these days, and a wrong foreign language class in College can be a GPA killer early on, I hear. Better to get it out of the way during HS, not to mention the obvious benefits of being proficient at a foreign language.</p>

<p>@LifeAsIKnowIt I wish I could take AP French or AP Spanish, but the problem lies in that I never took a language class before in either languages.</p>

<p>Depends on what you define as benefits in the long run. Personally, my favorite AP I have taken is psych because it was the most interesting for me. However more “useful” APs would probably be Macroeconomics (a basic understanding of the economy is always beneficial), Spanish (proficiency in any language, especially one so common as Spanish has its merits), and Language and Composition (improving your writing skills will help you as good writing/effective communication is important in general).</p>

<p>AP psychology, statistics, and physics are what interest me</p>

<p>Calculus - if you can ace it and have a great teacher. Prereq for huge number of courses</p>

<p>I am a STEM-oriented person, but I would say that AP Lang is hands down, the most useful AP course in the long run. If you have a good teacher who prepares you well for the test with TONS of reading and writing practice, you will never regret taking it.</p>

<p>Granted, subjects like Stats, Comp. Sci and Macro/Micro probably have more potential in the long run (as far as career prospects, abilities and general knowledge go), but I think that the info learned has less potential for retention. AP Lang, on the other hand, ingrains you with strong reading and writing abilities and habits that could stick with you for the rest of your life.</p>

<p>I personally liked Psycholgy the best.
Alot of the science portion of psychology was also seen in biology.
Test is probably the easiest so its easy to get college credit in.
I heard that a score of 4 and 5 can get you exempt in the elective requirement for college.</p>

<p>Definitely AP Calc BC.</p>

<p>AP Comparative Government (haha just kidding).</p>

<p>AP Chem probably. I may not like it, but it will be the most useful for me in the future. </p>