I'm the only Harvard applicant who....

<p>Thought this would be an interesting topic...Post something that you think completely distinguishes you from the entire applicant pool; it doesn't have to be academic or anything. I'll start...</p>

<p>I'm the only Harvard applicant who can play the banjo (5 string traditional bluegrass style).</p>

<p>Best of luck finding a hook that completely sets you apart from the 20,000+ students who apply to Harvard each year. </p>

<p>If your hook is a musical instrument, I'd bet it had better be something like a dijeridou or obscure medieval instrument to be unique in the application pool. And even those wouldn't sure bets.</p>

<p>No, no, this wasn't supposed to be a "what's your hook for harvard" thread. I was just bored; thought it be a fun was to get to know the idiosyncracies of my fellow EArs...that's all.</p>

<p>**fun way.</p>

<p>so interesting!! but too bad i'm not a harvard applicant~</p>

<p>...who did a print GAP campaign at 16!</p>

<p>who... is an openly gay URM who can speak Spanish and Japanese.</p>

<p>^and openly gay in TX too. Bravo! If you went to my school, you'd get your a$$ kicked.</p>

<p>"If you went to my school, you'd get your a$$ kicked."</p>

<p>haha, are people not allowed to be gay in Texas?
Anyways, I wouldn't say I'm the only one but I'm a Harvard app who lives on my own.</p>

<p>"haha, are people not allowed to be gay in Texas?"
Generally, no.
haha.</p>

<p>That's horrible!</p>

<p>
[quote]
^and openly gay in TX too.

[/quote]

Ouch! </p>

<p>...I feel bad for ever complaining about my rich+conservative Massachusetts pocket of the world when I think about other places I could be!</p>

<p>I'm a Harvard applicant that can stand on one leg, while rubbing my stomach and patting my head, hop in a counterclockwise circle. :)</p>

<p>"...I feel bad for ever complaining about my rich+conservative Massachusetts pocket of the world when I think about other places I could be!"</p>

<p>It's been pretty difficult here lately. As co-president of my school's Gay-Straight Alliance, I was heavily involved in activism regarding the recent gay marriage amendment.
Then all our hard work felt useless when it passed by over 70%.</p>

<p>But I've got my eyes set on Cambridge :)</p>

<p>I was raised around neo-Pagans...</p>

<p>candlize, if it makes you feel any better, i voted against prop 2...i think i was the only one in my entire town.</p>

<p>...only Iraqi applicant..</p>

<p>actually, it does, deadhead. thanks :)</p>

<p>I'm probably the only applicant that adores Madagascar hissing cockroaches...those air-hissing spiracles are so endearing! ;-D</p>

<p>Oh yeah, I'm openly gay in GA, can speak, read, and write Spanish, and read and write Italian... also, I'm in JROTC. Beat that candlize :-P LOL</p>