Im very Confused

<p>Today has been very difficult for me.
I received my SAT scores back
and they were really bad (1810) total.</p>

<p>This was my first time taking them...</p>

<p>Before I planned on taking them in May but now
I am not sure I would be able to improve that much
since during this time i will be studying for APs and SAT ii's </p>

<p>When should I take them?</p>

<p>If I take them in October next year... will I be able to take them again if I need to in time for college applications?</p>

<p>=/</p>

<p>someone please answer... im desperate....should i take them in May well June i wanted to take the SAT iis</p>

<p>Tell us more about your specific problems. Do you have a lack of vocab, or you just don't know many math concepts? Don't worry about writing by the way.</p>

<p>take them at least one more time before next fall.</p>

<p>well my break up score is</p>

<p>630: Math... well i think the problem is careless errors w/ maybe 1 or 2 i dont know how to do </p>

<p>630: Writing w/ 8 essay... i thought i would do better here ...guess not</p>

<p>550: CR ...im just soo bad at this idk i think its both vocab and im not sure whats the correct approach to those long passages...i usually freak out and run out of time </p>

<p>any way is there anywy i can bring my score up to like a 2250 by like May </p>

<p>June= SAT iis</p>

<p>bump (10 char)</p>

<p>Hah, I got an 1810 too. </p>

<p>Except my scores were something like:<br>
Critical Reading 580<br>
Math 560<br>
Writing 670</p>

<p>So obviously I need help in Math the most, then Reading.</p>

<p>For your problem, I would recommend just taking practice tests with reading over and over again. Brush up on your vocab -- sites like Number2.com</a> :: Free Online Test Prep have free advice for every section. They have a vocabulary portion that tests you on different words, I would recommend it.</p>

<p>hmmm
a friend suggested this plan</p>

<p>what do you guys think?</p>

<p>May= Math II and US History
May= AP US History and English Language
June= SAT 1
Oct= if necessary SAT 1 again if not Chem here
Nov= if i take SAT 1 in Oct then Chem SAT II </p>

<p>This way i have the summer to study Chem in because I had CP Chem and we definitely did not learn everything we were supposed to in the class.</p>

<p>bump anyone else</p>

<p>Very simple way to get a good score, but put in the effort of studying instead of constantly asking what to do.</p>

<p>CR: learn thousands of words(try 10 a day until June). Keep doing practice tests and understand the author's mood so that the questions make more sense. More passages you read, the better you'll become.</p>

<p>Math: read Gruber's for every math concept and RocketReview to avoid careless mistakes. </p>

<p>Writing-don't concern over this so much because Math and CR are what matter the most. IF you need to though, just read over all the concepts(rocketreview is good) and you'll get a good score.</p>

<p>Do a lot of practice tests! A LOT!!!! That way you will understand what types of answers the CollegeBoard is looking for.</p>

<p>For your CR score, I had the same problem. I looked at the passages and got freaked out, and then I'd look at the clock and how much time I had left, and I'd do some math and figure out how much time I had for each question given a reasonable time to do the reading.</p>

<p>When I'd do this, I didn't realize just how much time I was wasting by planning out how I was going to take the test. I'd usually get low 600's or high 500's when I did this. So last time when I took it, I decided not to care at all about how much time I had left, and to just read the passage and do the questions without looking at the time. Knowing I had like 15 minutes left, I was astonished to find that I finished two of those really long passages with 5 minutes to spare.</p>

<p>I had no idea how I did afterwards because I felt like I wasn't thinking when I took the reading part. But I ended up with a 670, which is much higher than average for me.</p>

<p>So yeah. I don't know if that helps. Maybe you have the same problem.</p>

<p>As for the other subjects, just keep practicing, and you'll do fine. An 1810 isn't as bad as this forum makes it out to be. That's the 82nd percentile.</p>

<p>And your plan that your friend gave you sounds good. Good luck</p>