In regards to AP exams and IGETC

<p>In terms of fulfilling IGETC requirements, it's a well known fact that advanced placement exams can satisfy one course and three semester units towards the fulfillment of an area. If say, someone got a 3 on an AP tests and wants to use this score for satisfying a course, how does this appear on the transcript? How does this affect the GPA?</p>

<p>From my own experience, you'll have to check with the respective universities themselves regarding AP units and how many credits they fulfill. This you can do by visiting their websites. Don't assume that your AP score will have the same amount of credits with all the universities because they might count it differently. </p>

<p>Also, check on those same websites to see if your score is high enough to fulfill the requirement. A score of 3 may work for one university but it might not be high enough for another. </p>

<p>Regarding your transcript, at my CCC at least, you have to fill out a general petition to have your transcript state that you have taken these AP tests and that they are being used to fulfill certain requirements.</p>