In State Chances Please

<p>Sorry, I know everyone asks for this, but any advise you have would be greatly appreciated.
I do live in NC.</p>

<p>GPA unweighted: 3.7969
GPA weighted: 4.4635
Class Rank: 21 of 395 (This is from last semester and my GPA has gone up since then)</p>

<p>9th Grade
Digital Communications: 97
English 1 honors: 92
German 1: 100
World History honors: 97
Civic & Economic honors: 95
Healthful Living: 94
Earth & Environmental Science honors: 94
Geometry honors: 94</p>

<p>10th Grade
Algebra 2 honors: 89
Dance 1: 100
Physical Science honors: 93
US History honors: 96
English 2 honors: 96
German 2: 98
Pre-Calculus honors: 94
Art 1: 99</p>

<p>11th Grade
Creative Writing: 97
English 3 honors: 95
Biology honors: 85 (I know its bad but the teacher was ridiculously hard.)
Terpsichore Dance: 100
German 3 honors: 98
Graphics 1: 97
Chemistry honors: 93
AP Statistics: 95</p>

<p>12th Grade (May Change)
AP Calculus (2 semesters)
English 4 honors
AP English 4
AP World History
German 4 honors
AP German 4</p>

<p>Best Sat Scores:
Math: 650
Critical Reading: 640
Writing: 570
Total:1860
(Taking again in October)</p>

<p>Extras
Dance classes (9,10,11,12)
Dance Teacher’s assistant (9,10,11,12)
Girl Scouts (9,10,11,12)
Big Brothers Big Sisters (11,12)
Photography Club (11,12)
German Club (10,11,12)
NSHSS (11,12)</p>

<p>Awards
Girl Scout Silver Award (Working on Gold Award, hopefully can complete before turning in application)</p>

<p>(I’m probably forgetting some things in Extras and Awards, but I can’t remember any more right now)</p>

<p>Once again, any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Seems like you would have a solid shot, but by no means a shoo-in.</p>

<p>If you take your SATs again and raise your score by around 40-60 points you would be a lock. If you have any ECs or play any sports be sure to list those. Academically, you look strong.</p>

<p>Thanks! Another question, do you think that having the girl scout gold award on my application is worth waiting till regular admission or should I apply early admission without it on there?</p>

<p>Early without it.</p>

<p>Anybody have a differing opinion on the gold award? I don’t have the impression it hurts you much to apply at the regular admission deadline, and I would think the gold award would be an impressive credential. I wonder if it someone in Admissions would be willing to answer that question. I don’t know if either of the following blogs are still active, but you might want to give it a try:
[UNC</a> General Alumni Association :: Enrollment Cuts Possible; Fund Created to Help Employees](<a href=“Carolina Alumni”>Enrollment Cuts Possible; Fund Created to Help Employees - Carolina Alumni)
<a href=“https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4235822278413094178&postID=5470873905534321240&isPopup=true[/url]”>https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4235822278413094178&postID=5470873905534321240&isPopup=true&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Sorry, I blew it when copying one of the web addresses above. The UNC GAA link has nothing to do with Admissions. The other Admissions blog is:</p>

<p>[UNC</a> Admissions Blog](<a href=“http://unc-admissions.blogspot.com/]UNC”>http://unc-admissions.blogspot.com/)</p>

<p>You have a good chance.</p>

<p>most likely in-- deff apply early</p>

<p>Doesn’t matter if your Gold Award is completed at the time of application - as long as your proposal has been approved and you WILL be earning it - I’m working on mine too right now (: This is the answer I got from an admissions rep at UNC.</p>

<p>OMG! That is such a relief! Thank you so much! I thought I would have to rush to finish it and then hope that the committee approved my final report the first time. So on the application do you put the gold award as already completed or do you mention your still working on it? Thank you so much for your help!</p>

<p>I said that I was a candidate to receive the Gold Award, and was in the process of currently completing my project, and that I had a completion date of Fall 2009. No problem!</p>