In state residency requirements if parents move out of state after graduation

Does anyone have experience with this? My husband might be taking a job out of state starting in January. I could stay behind in Texas with my son until he graduates in May and then we could sell the house/move to where my husband is. We have lived in Texas since my son was in 7th grade so he would fulfill the first two requirements easily. The third one is the concern if we sell the house and move in June. Would this violate in state residency requirements for TAMU since my son wouldn’t be living in Texas through the summer before school starts?

To establish residency through high school graduation, you must:

Graduate from a Texas high school or receive a GED in Texas; and
Live in Texas for the 36 months immediately before high school graduation; and
Live in Texas for the 12 months immediately before the census date (usually the 12th class day) of the semester in which you enroll at the university (or another college or university).

@ChillyCow Establishing residency goes a little farther.

3 B of the state residency code answers your question.

"(3) a dependent whose parent:
(A) established domicile in this state not less than 12 months before the census date of the academic semester in which the person enrolls in an institution; and
(B) maintained domicile continuously in the state for the 12 months immediately preceding the census date of the academic semester in which the person enrolls in an institution.

7 e goes on further to state: “(e) The domicile of a dependent’s parent is presumed to be the domicile of the dependent unless the dependent establishes eligibility for resident tuition under subsection (a)(1) of this section.”

If you fill out FAFSA, your domicile will then be listed as out of state and you son’s residency will be matched to yours unless he establishes himself as independent, which has its own criteria.$ext.TacPage?sl=T&app=9&p_dir=N&p_rloc=181014&p_tloc=&p_ploc=1&pg=4&p_tac=&ti=19&pt=1&ch=21&rl=21

I would still contact TAMU directly to get an exact answer. Looking the the verbiage breakdown on other Tx universities sites still didn’t give a clear answer on “What happens if a parent moves out of state”.

@Thelma2 , thanks for your responses! We do not fill out the FAFSA as we know we will not qualify for anything so they may help a bit. Good idea to call TAMU directly.