In-state tuition

<p>What are the EXACT requirements for being "in state?" I'm starting to get freaked out because I haven't been here for 5 years haha. Is it 1/2/3 years? Do you have to be emancipated? </p>

<p>What happens if I don't get in state tuition, you askk? I cry....forever.....and don't get to go to berk.</p>

If... you want to be classified as a resident for tuition purposes, you must have established your continuous presence in California more than one year immediately preceding the residence determination date for the semester during which you propose to attend the University, and you must have given up any previous residence


<p>Legal</a> Residence Information - Office Of The Registrar</p>