Incorrect add drop date on student center? Cornell Junior

<p>I'm a rising junior and I believe that rising juniors have our add drop like august 8th or augsut 9th but on student center when I click enrollment date it says august 24th is the earliest date? That doesn't make sense since that's the first day of class and I'm sure we have a add drop period before class starts.</p>

<p>Anyone knows what's going on?</p>

<p>I'm a rising sophomore and have the same question. And I remember it being August 8th/9th during pre-enrollment in the spring. What's going on?</p>

<p>Check: Cornell</a> University - Academics - Academic Calendar
It says August 9th on the first line. The date on jtf is only saying that it's for the semester starting on August 24th, and you can add/drop until the date mentioned there depending on which session you are going to be enrolled in.</p>

<p>^ Thanks for the link! I thought it was weird that JTF listed August 24th but I couldn't find any other dates when I searched.</p>

<p>I think the add/drop period for graduate students starts on August 9th.</p>

<p>I found this Add/Drop schedule on the CALS site, but I'm not entirely sure that it holds true for the rest of the colleges:</p>

<p>"Add/Drop for Fall 2010:</p>

<p>Graduate/Professional: Begins on 8/9/10</p>

<p>Seniors: Begins on 8/17/10</p>

<p>Juniors: Begins on 8/18/10</p>

<p>Sophomores Begins on 8/19/10</p>

<p>Freshmen: Begins on 8/24/10"</p>

<p>Link: CALS</a> Registrar: Faculty and Staff Registrar Information</p>

<p>I'm a junior transfer to Engineering. I can't even pre-enroll. In fact, CoE won't even give me a copy of credit transfer form until the orientation...</p>

<p>^The pre-enrollment at this time is only for freshmen. Don't worry, junior level Engineering classes are rarely full (except some fun classes).</p>

<p>Oh, I see! You've been such a great help with all my questions btw, fri3nds04!</p>

<p>Should we assume that the CALS calendar posted by Docility applies to all of the colleges?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Should we assume that the CALS calendar posted by Docility applies to all of the colleges?

[/quote]
I don't remember if there is anything like that for other colleges or not. As far as I know, people should be able to add/drop classes starting on the date mentioned on the web.</p>

<p>sorry that I can't give a definite answer, but I have a feeling that I was able to add/drop courses this spring on the date that they mentioned on the academic calendar, and I'm not in CALS.</p>

<p>Thanks! I guess I'll try on August 9th, and if not, I'll just wait until the 19th.</p>

<p>^At that point in time, I don't think there would be a lot of changes in terms of people adding or dropping classes just yet. So, it wouldn't make a lot of difference (other than the 10 days of separation between what they say in the university calendar and what CALS posted on their site)</p>

<p>I mainly need to add a class (not too worried because there are a lot of empty seats)...one of my pre-enrolled courses is no longer being taught, so I need to replace it with something else. I'm also hoping to switch one of my discussion sections to one that's currently full, but that's usually a matter of luck anyway.</p>

<p>So grad students start add/drop on August 9th, and others start beginning on the 17th. Is that the right message?</p>

<p>
[quote]
So grad students start add/drop on August 9th, and others start beginning on the 17th. Is that the right message?

[/quote]
We don't know if it's only applicable for CALS or everyone.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I guess I'll try on August 9th, and if not, I'll just wait until the 19th.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>if it's for cals, it should be everyone.</p>

<p>^That was my assumption as well.</p>

<p>I doubt we would all be allowed to start adding/dropping classes on August 9th (wouldn't that overwhelm the Student Center system?)...I've always been under the impression that the add/drop start dates were staggered by class standing, somewhat like pre-enrollment. However, perhaps I'm mistaken.</p>

<p>Next semester is my last semester; I really should know this by now, but oh well. :p</p>

<p>
[quote]
I doubt we would all be allowed to start adding/dropping classes on August 9th (wouldn't that overwhelm the Student Center system?)

[/quote]

I doubt we would all be adding/dropping classes around that time.</p>

<p>^That's true. I guess I just like to think they would take precautionary measures to avoid burdening the system, but I might be wrong. :) </p>

<p>I e-mailed the University Registrar and they said the Student Center Add/Drop appointments will be updated in early August.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I e-mailed the University Registrar and they said the Student Center Add/Drop appointments will be updated in early August.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Good to know. Thanks!</p>