Independent Study AP

<p>What are the easiest AP's to self study and achieve a score of at least 4?</p>

<p>I'm thinking about self-studying AP Stats, AP Micro and Macro Economics and AP Physics.</p>

<p>THe reason why is because our school schedule does not allow for many AP's by graduation. I want to take around 10. And some aren't offered if a certain number of students don't take them.</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>After perusing these forums for some time, posts seem to indicate a consensus that psychology and statistics (if you're good at math) are the two easiest self-study APs. Posters have also claimed micro / macro economics to have been manageable self-study courses. I do not know about AP Physics, but i think it is safe to say that it will be much more difficult to self study then the aforementioned courses.</p>

<p>There are also opportunites to take online courses, or to partake in an independent study program (with a final - i think BYU offers one of these) for credit.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Yeah, AP physics will be much harder than the others. It's a full-on academic subject, but it depends on if it's B or C. The two C classes are much harder than the B level phsyics, so that could play a role as well</p>

<p>Thanks, Are there any prerequisites for AP Psychology, like any first year psychology course????</p>

<p>I can definitely tell you that both micro and macroeconomics are relatively easy subjects to study compared to other APs.</p>

<p>For some reason, I feel that Physics B is slightly harder to self-study than Physics C. Taking calculus out of physics makes physics a bit vague.</p>

<p>lakers: that depends on the school. But generally NO for psych.
Are you starting to self study those three now? (isn't it a bit late...?)
Well, anyway, I'm self studying:
Phsycis B (actually took honors physics course @ northwestern for 3 weeks over summer)
Micro & Macro econ (online course) --they are easy
Psych --do this definitely. Get barron's</p>

<p>And I'm taking 5 AP classes: chem, music theory, USH, calc BC, Stats
I don't know how people say Stat's is "easy". It's moderate, but self studying it might be hard to get the ideas down hard.
Well, GL</p>

<p>Thanks for the imput guys.
Danielsjang,</p>

<p>I'm actually a sophomore (with high ambitions for the ivies) right now and i plan to take the AP tests at the end of my junior and senior years so I believe i have some time during the school year and especially over the summer</p>

<p>Does anyone have any textbook (not prepbooks like Barrons, PR, but actual textbooks ) suggestions for Psychology or Microeconomics?</p>

<p>And are AP Physics B and AP Physics C two separate AP's? My school offers AP Physics 3-4 but I'm not sure if thats Physics B or C. Same thing for the Macro and Micro Economics: are they two separate AP's?</p>

<p>Physics B and Physics C are two separate courses.</p>

<p>Physics C is even broken down into two parts - Mechanics and Electromagnetism.</p>

<p>Micro and Macroeconomics are separate, as well.</p>

<p>the easiest ones are DEFINATELY the English ones...no doubt. like 20 kids at my school took the test without the course and almost all got 4s or higher</p>

<p>Psych is easy...just get a good prep book and you can do very well. My school offers a regular psych course and it was the easiest A I got. The AP test is a breeze.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any suggestions for an AP Psychology Textbook???
Thanks!!!!!</p>

<p>Bump!!!!!!! Anyone</p>

<p>Myers 7th Edition, that's what I'm using.</p>