Information for English, Music, Theatre (education cert for all/any of the three)?

<p>I am a high school junior who would like opinions on these schools…
Furman University
Emerson College
Trinity University (San Antonio)
Vanderbilt University
UVA
Stephen F. Austin State University
University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill</p>

<p>I plan to major in English, possibly with a double major in music or theatre, at least a minor, and would like teaching certification for the majors/ minors I choose. Rankings of these schools’ departments in all of the three would be MUCH appreciated. :]</p>

<p>UVA or UNC
Vandy
Furman</p>

<p>the rest</p>

<p>How about Duke?
And out of your rankings, which has the best of the three subjects individually, not compositely?</p>

<p>Duke would be at the top of the list.</p>

<p>As far as subject, dont know about all of them but I think Furman and Vandy are probably the top ones for theatre and music</p>

<p>Bailey, you are looking to get teaching certifications in English and Music and/or Theatre? All as an undergrad? I’ve never heard of anyone doing this, not completing it in four years anyway. I can’t imagine how the scheduling would work.</p>

<p>If I were advising one of my students, I would ask them to consider picking either Music Ed or English Ed cert as a major, and then the other subject as a minor. You MAY be able to use your minor credits in grad school to get the additional certification. </p>

<p>Either way, make sure the college you choose has excellent English, Music and Theatre departments. Then, if you narrow it down more while you are there, your interests will be available to you.</p>