Insanity workout

<p>Does anyone here has the experience of Insanity workout DVD?</p>

<p>The principles of the Insanity workouts are right on the money: bodyweight exercise circuits and high-intensity interval cardio. That's the ideal combo for weight loss and improving fitness.</p>

<p>However...</p>

<p>The real key to fitness is to find something that you can sustain over the long haul. The best exercise program in the world is no good if it's not something you can and will do. It seems to me that the real "win" is finding a program that you can incorporate into your lifestyle on a permanent basis, preferably with quite a bit of variety. Crash fitness or dieting never works. It really requires a permanent change and that requires a positive mindset and a feeling of accomplishment.</p>

<p>I would be realistic about your starting point. I would certainly not be able to do the insanity workouts now, let alone four months ago when I started working out five or six days a week. I do a similar bodyweight and interval based workout and it's taken me a long time to build up my fitness and aerobic capacity. I'm nowhere near being able to keep up with Insanity or P90X.</p>

<p>For me, workouts have to be convenient or have a social factor. I have weights at home, belong to the Y on the way to work and have a small gym in the office. I like to run at the office and play tennis at the Y. I like to do weights at the Y. The social aspect is getting someone else to get you to to workout when you don't always feel like it. There are so many things in life that can knock you off your schedule and exercise is easy to jettison. My biggest challenge lately is in getting enough clean laundry to workout daily.</p>

<p>If you set your goals too high, chances are that you won't make it.</p>

<p>"My biggest challenge lately is in getting enough clean laundry to workout daily."</p>

<p>Got two words for you ... Clothing Optional.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Oh my eyes. You do know, don't you, that this is the Parents forum, right? Most of us aren't looking for exercise DVDs because we have the physique of Roger Federer or Maria Sharapova. As I like to think, I have abs of steel, you just can't see 'em yet!</p>

<p>Well, it's reassuring to see a picture of Ilie Nastase at Wimbledon.</p>