interest essay?

<p>it is quite a common prompt for colleges to ask applicants of LAC style college to write about why certain subjects(e.g. math, in my case) attracts you. </p>

<p>will it be trite if i write about how i enjoy the subject or what i receive from any activities related to that subject?</p>

<p>anyone can offer some advice about how to write a good interest essay?</p>

<p>The important thing to remember about any essay or piece of writing is that if it sounds overused to you it probably is overused to the people who have dedicated their lives to reading thousands of applications a year. </p>

<p>Anecdotes are honestly always a great way to go. </p>

<p>I enjoy history so in an essay I pretended I was Kennedy in the middle of the Cold War, the missile gap was shorteing, the world thought I was weak, I already had failures in my career and now they are building missiles 90 miles off my shore. I described the tense situation and how I thought Kennedy would feel, that my advisors were staring me down as I hesitated to pick one of the three plans of action, I mulled over the pros and cons of each situation, etc. I eventually switched the focus back to the class by saying I looked up at my teacher who asked me what I thought Kennedy chose, I then talked about the other great skills I had learned in the class like empathizing with the person in history, seeing both sides of the situation, being able to connect ideas and events in history etc.</p>

<p>I’d hate to sound pretentious like my way is the right way, but I think it showed not only how much I like history but that I understood it and how the class showed me to look at a situation from each point of view. Check out Amazon.com:</a> On Writing the College Application Essay: The Key to Acceptance and…</p>