international transfer student spaces

<p>I am an international student and currently studying in US. I plan to transfer if I do not get accepted by a college that I like.
If anyone knows how many international transfer spaces are available for some top colleges (like UChicago, Stanford, Duke, Columbia, Northwestern, Cornell, UPenn, MIT, etc), please kindly tell me, so that I can get a sense of how high my chances are.</p>

<p>Your chances are low, sorry. USA! USA!</p>

<p>thank you...I know chances are low, but I just want to know how low...like 2 or 3 spaces among 100?</p>

<p>Prolly 1/300.</p>

<p>well it doesn't hurt to try though.</p>

<p>but of course, try your very best in the meanwhile.</p>

<p>The colleges you mentioned are all private colleges. They will all have their own and unique rules as it pertains to international and transfer students. They do not have a mandate to take on state students, like some state schools do, so your chances may not be impacted by the fact that you are an international student. Even the state schools (like the UCs) are accepting more international students these days! </p>

<p>All of these schools have admissions departments and admissions websites. Look at the websites and see what documents they have for transfer students. Oftentimes they publish data on their admissions. Cornell, for example, accepted 45 international student transfers last year, according to their site. I know that Stanford says on their site that they don't accept many transfers. Good luck.</p>

<p>Just as a sidenote for UC's, apparently there's a new policy for international students that require them to have proof that shows they have the WHOLE year's worth of CoA in their bank accounts ($50k). This is from the mouth of my international student friend who got into Berkeley. Please research that. (There is a way of getting around it though)</p>